Need help on boosting problem!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need help on boosting problem! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey gents i am in a situation! I have a 2002 wrx 2.0L that i recently bought a few months ...

Hey gents i am in a situation! I have a 2002 wrx 2.0L that i recently bought a few months ago it has a k and n typhoon intake that was on it when i bought it and a turboxs muffler; thats it. It was running perfect boosting great through all 5 gears. Then about a week ago i was driving and it felt like it was hesitating while building up boost and it sounded like something was going into pieces right nfront of the steering wheel under the hood around the bov but i check it and everything wastight and everything. Then 3 days ago it started only boosting up to 7 psi and wouldnt go any further. I looked in to it and it said check for boost leaks and everything checked out perfect no leaks then i cleaned my MAF sensor and it didnt help any i done a oil change and changed sparkplugs back to the ngk irriduim same heat range. I am lost and have no clue what else to look for so if anyone has ideas please help! Thanks! Josh

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Is the CEL on?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

yes it was on when i bought the car he told me it was the exhaust temp. sensor. would tht cause the problem i have?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Read the CEL. You bought the car with a CEL on???

The EGT sensor CEL is likely due to an aftermarket up pipe installed, which removes the EGT sensor. 7 psi is waste gate pressure and likely due to the car pulling boost from an event. Do you fill up exclusively with 93 octane Premium fuel? I suggest you determine ALL the mods that are on the car.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

yeah he showed me the code before i bought it and it read egt but the up pipe is bone stock only aftermarket thing on it is the cai.

ive checked the car over and everything is stock other than the cai and the axleback turbo xs muffler.. could my wastegate be messing up?

cel shows egt sensor.. anyone have any suggestions

I Support ClubWRX
    ***How to Ask a Technical Question!**

What's the exact code (P####)? You uppipe may look stock, but it could be gutted.

Like mentioned, 7 PSI is about wastegate pressure, which can be either mechanical or tuning related. Verify the BCS is working properly.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I know you can use a resistor to eliminate the EGT CEL.

Are you running the stock tune?

Could also be an issue with your restrictor pill...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.