Headlights not horizontally adjustable? (2013)

This is a discussion on Headlights not horizontally adjustable? (2013) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I just called my service advisor because the other night when it was foggy, I noticed my headlights seemed ...

Headlights not horizontally adjustable? (2013)

So I just called my service advisor because the other night when it was foggy, I noticed my headlights seemed off a bit. The left light is either too far to the center of the car, or the right light is too far right. It looked to be low beams, not fogs. The service advisor said this is not adjustable left to right, only up and down. Is that true?
    2013 DGM Hatch WRX - STI STS currently only mod

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump. Hoping for some insight before I go in for service on Tuesday. Thanks all!

It's not true. There are two adjustments... left/right and up/down. The easily accessible one is the up/down.

left/right adjustment screw is covered by a plastic block-off that you need to pop off the back of the headlight.

On the black housing... you can see the screw in the top corner of the headlight... that's left/right. Sorry... this was the only pic I had on hand.
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

That's perfect. Thanks for the info. I'll press the issue with them on Tuesday.

Does anyone have more detailed info on this? I'm at my second dealership now saying that it's NOT adjustable. However atleast this dealership offered to test it and will replace the light if it's actually off. We'll see on the 22nd when I get in. However if you have a tech document or something proving it's adjustable, I could show them that. Thanks in advance.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just replied to your alignment thread. Your dealer seems unwilling to help with much.

There has to be some adjustment. Look for the screws / bolts yourself.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Here's the adjustment screw... I believe this was the driver's side lamp... You need to pop off the protective plastic cover to access the screw underneath.

2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

^^^bump to help others

it's the black cap under the letters "SAE" in the above pic. Once cap is off, it's the same 8mm bolt to turn as the up and down leveling. It's hard to access and get that cap off. flathead screwdriver pushed into the 3 horizontal slots worked, but it took some time to wiggle it off.

turn bolt clockwise to turn the driver's side light to the left and vice versa