2002 Wrx PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

This is a discussion on 2002 Wrx PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP!!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2002 wrx 5speed that I got on a trade Im 19 and dont know much about cars ...

2002 Wrx PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I have a 2002 wrx 5speed that I got on a trade Im 19 and dont know much about cars just learning Dad usually helped me but hurt his back a while back and now is disabled so im on my own so any advice would be much appreiciated thanks.

ok problems with the car

*po171 * speedo & odometer doesnt work

*po500- this one showed up twice

* car wont go past 4800-5000 rpms even in neutral its like a rev limiter. I can unplug the battery and the car lets me redline for a few moments then goes back to normal.

*po136

* Check engine light

* ABS light

Info on the car

2002 wrx with 95,000 miles. Supposely built forged motor, 3in open mouth down pipe straight back with Borla catless exhaust, big Greddy front mounted intercooler, tein suspension lowered 1.5 inches, Exedy dual disk clutch, Turbo xs rfl blow off valve, k&n typhoon cold air intake, tripple pillar guages, 18" rims , khumo tires, drilled rotors, 10,000k hi and low 55watt hid lights, 5% tint, kenwood stereo, ran for subs, new battery exhaust gasket, speed sensor
    if you need to reach me txt me at 909-855-7645 i can try to send pics

THANKS ANY ADVICE WILL HELP
    Last edited by juliannator13; 12-05-2012 at 05:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you know what tune is on the car? Who tuned it? It might be in valet mode on a Cobb tune, that would limit the revs. Obviously, there's more wrong. Try and find the trouble codes on the internet or the manual for the code reader. The check engine light really only tells you that there are trouble codes. Those codes then are supposed to point you in the right direction. In other words, the CEL (check engine light) stays on until you got all the issues resolved. Speedo and odometer not working is probably bad... I can't really help a lot, my car is an 09.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh boy, where to begin...

As stated, the tune is suspect, but it sounds like the car is in limp mode. With that many modifications, who knows what sort of tune it had. The best thing to do would be post pictures here so we can at least confirm or deny some of the modifications. Get lots of detailed pictures of the engine bay and anything else that sticks out. A 3rd party photo-hosting site like Photobucket is the best way to post pictures here.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Ok ill try to get pics tomorrow im not sure if there is even a tune on it