Coolant Problem

This is a discussion on Coolant Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2012 wrx, and the other day I decided to pop the hood to check on everything and ...

Coolant Problem

I have a 2012 wrx, and the other day I decided to pop the hood to check on everything and I noticed my coolant is below the low marker in the tank. Mind you my car only has 3,800 miles on it. Its weird that the coolant is almost gone. The only mods I have done is a nameless axle back muffler delete. Any ideas of what could be causing this? The car hasn't over heated yet or anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same here, I have a 13 with 600 miles on it and I noticed the coolant is at the VERY minimum level. One ounce less and it will be low, guessing it just was filled up that way though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Is this with a cold engine? What does the level look like after the car has run a bit.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

For me, it is with a cold engine. But the coolant resovoir only had something like "full" and "low" marked on it, rather than "full when hot" or "full when cold" like other cars I've owned.
    I'll check it tomorrow with a warm engine and see what it looks like.

When I looked at it this morning it was cold and off and the it was below the low level, the other day when it was running it was about 2 inches above the low level

I had the same issue with my '12 with about 5,000 miles. Noticed it was low and filled it up. It's been full for the past 4 months. I heard that not all the air gets out when they put the coolant in at the factory?

Hmm, I hope thats the case, im bringing the car in for service this saturday so ill see what they say.

I Support ClubWRX
    It is not an issue. If the coolant is low & the car is within warranty, they'll just top it off.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

If there are no leaks and the car isn't overheating, I'd just top it off. Keep an eye on it for good measure.

Alright thanks guys