ECU Update today at dealership. Question.

This is a discussion on ECU Update today at dealership. Question. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Today I brought in my 2012 WRX for its first oil change. Upon picking up the car I was told ...

ECU Update today at dealership. Question.

Today I brought in my 2012 WRX for its first oil change. Upon picking up the car I was told there was an ECU update for my car and it was applied. On my receipt it states "145583 ECM REPROGRAMING CA STATES ONLY, 11-12 ALL & 13 BR". I was wondering if anyone else here has gotten an ECU update recently or knows what "CA STATES ONLY" means. Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So after looking around I finally came across something that had the same number listed on my sheet. WQC-39 ended up being the key. Its simply a ECU Reprogram to have the check engine light come on if it senses an issue with the coolant temperature.

For those of you interested:

Service Program WQC-39
    Engine Control Module Reprogramming
    Vehicles Registered in the States of
    CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, WA

Dear Subaru Owner:

We would like to thank you for your selection of a Subaru vehicle. At Subaru, we take pride in our products and are committed to your continued satisfaction.

Subaru has developed a modification to the Engine Control Module software logic to improve the monitoring parameters within the On-Board Diagnostic (OBDll) system for the engine coolant thermostat. This correction ensures that should there be an abnormal condition (i.e., the engine coolant does not reach or maintain the proper operating temperature), the “check engine light” will illuminate. The proper illumination of the “check engine light” is needed to alert you that corrective action may be required.

This software change has no effect on fuel economy or vehicle performance

I Support ClubWRX
    I haven't done any tuning to my car yet, but if I had done any, would this have an impact on that? Just curious because I was thinking about doing some more modifications next year and I do bring my car to a subaru dealership on a regular basis. Thanks!