Help needed please!!! Help a noob!!!

This is a discussion on Help needed please!!! Help a noob!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm not a professional by any means and have limited knowledge about cars as a whole but I'm having ...

So I'm not a professional by any means and have limited knowledge about cars as a whole but I'm having a pretty serious issue. I tuned my 08 wrx with Cobbs stock stage two tune. It has a Cobb down pipe and high flow intake. Also a blow off valve, dunno if that matters. The car was running great until lately. When I give it gas in second, third, fourth or fifth it revs up higher then it should. Then it when I let off the gas it catches and I can't "hit it" I have to gradually give it gas. Very frustrating on the highway when you want to just go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

You've not actually asked a question but I'd be looking for an OEM clutch kit.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ya my bad. Curious what I should do... What the problem is.

I Support ClubWRX

From what you have said I'd be shopping for a clutch kit.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Curious though.. Should I go oem or get something that can handle the upgrades? If so you happen to know who makes a good clutch kit?

Quote Originally Posted by kdizi112 View Post
    Also a blow off valve, dunno if that matters.
    What BOV? I'm guessing you haven't read the Big BOV Thread to see why you should remove it, and why it may be causing serious problems...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Curious though.. Should I go oem or get something that can handle the upgrades? If so you happen to know who makes a good clutch kit?
    OEM will handle stage 2 without issue. I'd look for the Exedy OEM kit, cheaper than from Subaru, and basically the same thing. Also, I personally recommend replacing the flywheel when the clutch is replaced, since it's not techincally servicable. But in the interest of fairness, some shops are willing to turn Subaru flywheels, so you may want to look around.

Depending on the miles you got out of this clutch, your driving abilities may need some upgrades.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I'd be looking for an OEM clutch kit.
    However yes, if you don't like Subaru pricing, then
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    I'd look for the Exedy OEM kit, cheaper than from Subaru, and basically the same thing. Also, I personally recommend replacing the flywheel when the clutch is replaced, since it's not techincally servicable. But in the interest of fairness, some shops are willing to turn Subaru flywheels, so you may want to look around.

The car has 54000 miles on it. Original clutch. This is normal?

I Support ClubWRX

No it's not normal. The clutch is slipping. Whether it's premature is another issue since the clutch is a wear item and its lifespan depends on how it is used.