Odd noise - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Odd noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by naked_dave1 Just got back from the dealer. The issue was the intercooler boot came loose because it ...

Odd noise

Quote Originally Posted by naked_dave1 View Post
    Just got back from the dealer. The issue was the intercooler boot came loose because it was not properly installed at the factory.

Cool thanks! Did that resolve the issue?

I'm assuming that this is a known issue bc of the service bulletin right? And, do u have a pic of what boot they were talking about?

I'm wondering if I can do this fix myself bc going to the dealer is such an inconvenience for me being that it forces me to take time off from work? Easy fix?

Sorry for all the questions!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    Cool thanks! Did that resolve the issue?

I'm assuming that this is a known issue bc of the service bulletin right? And, do u have a pic of what boot they were talking about?

I'm wondering if I can do this fix myself bc going to the dealer is such an inconvenience for me being that it forces me to take time off from work? Easy fix?

Sorry for all the questions!
    It did resolve my issue. Yeah, he said it's a known issues because of the bulletin. I don't have a pic of it, but it's the Throttle Body hose. Should be relatively easy to fix, I only took mine it because it's still under warranty. And I did have to take a half day of work which sucks, but at least I know it's fixed.

i have a 2011 wrx, and after i saw the video im going to listen on the way to work in the morning. i thought i noticed a sound something like that the other day

I was able to fix mine myself, it was pretty simple just about 7 bolts (including the brace). The hardest part was getting the hose back on. But I found that if you take the hose off of the intercooler, then install the hose properly back where it goes then its easier to get the intercooler back onto the hose that way, if that makes sense. But since ive done it the sound is gone completely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12