Problem with my Brant alarm
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Problem with my Brant alarm within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Picked up the car yday and started the car without even having to enter my code. Did this a few ...

Problem with my Brant alarm

Picked up the car yday and started the car without even having to enter my code. Did this a few times no problems and didnt think of asking why because I was so excited getting my car back. In any case I thought maybe it was on valet mode.

This morning, tried to start my car(battery is fine), with my code, and It. Will. Not. Start. I'm ropeable at this point in time. So frustrating.

Can someone pls tell me this is an easy thing to resolve and that I dont have to tow my car to Subaru and get ripped off in all kinds of ways?!

I've done a little bit of research and so far I've garnered that I can/ I can't get the mastercode from subaru, I'm supposed to disconnect the battery for 5 mins then reconnect and punch in 0000 etc etc, I have no idea which way to go. Will try to call Brant later if no one can help.

Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hate to say it, but I have no idea what a Brant alarm is, and it's possible most others may fair the same. May already be your best to contact the company to troubleshoot, so I apologize.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Hi Mikie, I thought Brant alarms were commonplace with WRX. I guess its just for the older models. Actually I may have heard somewhere that current WRX's dont have these alarms?

Anyway I'm sure someone knows something, at least i HOPE someone can point me in the right direction.

I've already called Brant, and they were useless and insist on a $145 call out visit. This is ridiculous....

I Support ClubWRX
    Just checked out what the OP was talking about. It seems that Brant is a company down under. So my understanding that the OP is in Australia?

Unfortunately most of the members here are U.S. based. Brant isn't popular or does not exist here. Maybe you will get more help on one of your local forums in Australia.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yeah I'll have to agree with Tony here. Unfortunately it isn't a commonplace thing to see in our area as most of us are Stateside in the US.

Sorry we couldn't be of better help! Perhaps you also have a local shop or a dealer (lot of Car Audio shops do alarms here in the US) or something that may look at it for cheaper?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Doh! I'm such a numnut. I didnt even realise this is a US based site. Sorry guys!

If ever Brant makes its way to the US, I can heartily say that it gets the thumbs down from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdog View Post
    Doh! I'm such a numnut. I didnt even realise this is a US based site. Sorry guys!

If ever Brant makes its way to the US, I can heartily say that it gets the thumbs down from me.

Hey, stick around and enjoy it anyway. This is a great site for general knowledge and Subaru camaraderie!

Thanks Mikie

If anyone is curious, google "Brant Alarm Problems WRX" for Australia and you'll see a heap of people that are patently unhappy with this alarm and Subaru.

We actually have a rather steady stream of folks from down under, it's just a small stream. If only they would stick around long enough to see each other!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I'm pretty disenchanted with Subaru here in Australia now, after going through this ridiculous issue, I've decided to sell the stupid thing. I refuse to be held to ransom by a stupid alarm code (master code), which I had to pay AUD 165 for Subaru to re-enter just to get my stupid car to start again. Basically if I ever accidently let the battery run flat, or have an accident requiring disconnection of the battery for repairs, I'm screwed. Will have to pay for a tow to a dealer and pay again for the code to be entered.

Pretty impossible to feel warm and fuzzy abt the brand in these circumstances dontcha think?

I'd have to agree, if not fot the fact that this doesn't seem to apply to subies here in the US. All the time people disconnect their batteries to re-set ECU or some such troubles. How successful that is in resolving troubles is another issue. But never have I heard of having to re-enter codes. Of course when ECU or body modules or such get replaced, then these issues come up... Seems this Brant alarm is quite a piece of work (for lack of another word;-). Personally, I don't think much of alarm systems anyways, nobody even turns their head when one goes off.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Why couldn't you just have that thing removed?

Because of the costs involved - google it and there's a bunch of guys that have had trouble having it removed (extra costs) and the cheapest I've seen for a decent replacement is in the vicinity of AUD500. Then there's the insurance considerations - car HAS to have an approved alarm for it to be covered.....all in all this is just one FUBAR situation that could simply be resolved by Subaru not holding their customers to ransom and just give them the code that IMO is rightfully theirs.

The guy from Subaru that I dealt with in the process of getting the code for my car and paying the $165 for, said the code is specific to my car anyway. So once any owner proves that theyre the bona fide owner and not a thief, why shouldnt they be given the code?

Yep, I'm never going to move to Australia and own a car. What a hassle.

But wait, there's more Mikie

A car I'm looking to replace the stupid Subaru with, a BMW X3, costs in excess of AUD 100,000 for the 30D (top of the range in Aust).

In your neck of the woods, for the even higher model, the 35D, it's in the ballpark of(from what I've seen on the US X3 forums) USD 55,000 - 57,000 fully loaded with options.

We really do get shafted here in Australia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.