mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on mapping within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I cant contact the last owner of my car i Drive subaru wrx 04 and i need To know how ...

mapping

I cant contact the last owner of my car i Drive subaru wrx 04 and i need To know how to Figure
    If it been custom tune or my boost table as been custom tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You could try taking the car to a tuner and having them look at it. Although some flashing methods lock the ECU so you can't mess with it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Where do you live? Do you have any ability to datalog the car? Can you pull up the passenger side carpet to see if there's anything odd with the ECU (e.g., standalone / piggyback)?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Canada new brunswick not really just because have that overboost problem and i want to put the stock tuning in since i have the cobb already install and some ppl told me that if it custom tuning or boost table as been custom tuned u need to bring it to tuner before put it to stock

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Your posts are difficult to decipher. Are you saying you have an AccessPort already installed?

If you have the newest generation of AccessPort, you can identify which map is installed by going to the Tune menu and selecting "Show Current Map". If it's anything other than the stock map, well there's your answer. Before taking it to a shop for custom tuning, you may want to use the "LWG" version of the map you are currently using if you're overboosting. Also, since you're new to that vehicle, you need to ABSOLUTELY make sure that your current modifications are approved for use with the map you're using.

If you want to revert to stock, for a reason I can't gather from your posts, use the Uninstall feature.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Is the car stock, or is it modified? I wouldn't put a stock tune on the car unless the car is stock.. if it is, then you can go ahead and put the stock tune back on there.

The only thing i want to do is put lwg to fix overboosting the maping at the moment is wrx tt and yes i am really new to All this and really sorry for all This trouble but i dont have a tuner near whrre i live

What mods does the car have? If those mods line up with the map notes, then use the map, if not, don't.

Up pipe down pipe and cobb with wrx 04 tt for mapping

Cobb what? Access Port? ... what's "tt"?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghost View Post
    The only thing i want to do is put lwg to fix overboosting the maping at the moment is wrx tt and yes i am really new to All this and really sorry for all This trouble but i dont have a tuner near whrre i live
    The beauty of the AccessPort is that you can effectively remove a professional tuner from the equation. The problem there though, is you get a map less suited for your car, but more suited for EVERY car, so a blanket map, rather than a specific one. What you need to do is download the map that matches your modifications from here: AccessPORT Off The Shelf Maps

Read the map notes for the map you want to download, MAKE ABSOLUTELY sure that your modifications fall in line with their specifications. Stage 1 is for an otherwise stock vehicle. Stage 2 is for vehicles equiped with a turbo back exhaust. Select the LWG version fo the map you're using, make sure it's the right octane rating for your area. Download the map, connect your AP to your computer, and use the AccessPort map manager software to transfer the map onto your AccessPort. Connect the AP to your car, follow the instructions to flash the new map.

Here's the map manager tutorial:
    AccessTUNER Software - APM2

Here's the instruction manual for the AccessPort if you don't have it:
    https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu...UserManual.pdf
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    The beauty of the AccessPort is that you can effectively remove a professional tuner from the equation. The problem there though, is you get a map less suited for your car, but more suited for EVERY car, so a blanket map, rather than a specific one. What you need to do is download the map that matches your modifications from here: AccessPORT Off The Shelf Maps

Read the map notes for the map you want to download, MAKE ABSOLUTELY sure that your modifications fall in line with their specifications. Stage 1 is for an otherwise stock vehicle. Stage 2 is for vehicles equiped with a turbo back exhaust. Select the LWG version fo the map you're using, make sure it's the right octane rating for your area. Download the map, connect your AP to your computer, and use the AccessPort map manager software to transfer the map onto your AccessPort. Connect the AP to your car, follow the instructions to flash the new map.

Here's the map manager tutorial:
    AccessTUNER Software - APM2

Here's the instruction manual for the AccessPort if you don't have it:
    https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu...UserManual.pdf

Ok i will check it out thx alot all of you and sorry for being a noob and making this harder i will pus stage 1 lwg to fix overboost and do resistor fix for another problem thx alot !

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok i will check it out thx alot all of you and sorry for being a noob and making this harder i will pus stage 1 lwg to fix overboost and do resistor fix for another problem thx alot !
    You're stage 2, mate, make sure you download the Stage 2 LWG map, not the stage 1. You'll have an overboosting problem again.

Oh and please clarify what the "TT" thing in your post above is about.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    You're stage 2, mate, make sure you download the Stage 2 LWG map, not the stage 1. You'll have an overboosting problem again.

Oh and please clarify what the "TT" thing in your post above is about.
    Dam im not too smart with this ok thx Alot FOR INFO

And when i check in my cobb accessport for the current map being use it says wrx 04 tt not sure wat tt stand for

I Support ClubWRX
    Dam im not too smart with this ok thx Alot FOR INFO

And when i check in my cobb accessport for the current map being use it says wrx 04 tt not sure wat tt stand for
    That would be why I said to read the map notes before you download the map to make sure your mods fit the parameters.

That may very well be a custom map. Though I'm not sure why anyone would call it "tt".
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast