04 Impreza TS timing belt

This is a discussion on 04 Impreza TS timing belt within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently bought my 04 Impreza TS, and was wondering what the lifetime is for the timing belts?...

I recently bought my 04 Impreza TS, and was wondering what the lifetime is for the timing belts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I believe it's the same as for the turbo models, and if so it's 7 years or 105K miles. If so, since 2004+7=2011, your car needs to have the timing belt replaced if it's not already been done. However, the interval is both in the manual and available on line, so double check before you go through all the trouble.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thank you SD, reason why i posted this thread was because i couldnt find it in the service manual (not sure why its not listed in there) and could not find anything online. Would you be able to steer me in the right direction for where to find it online? Is it like an official subaru source?

I Support ClubWRX

Subaru USA has an owner web page. If you register they will list the service requirements and intervals. I suspect there are other sources for the official info also.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX

Awesome, thank you very much!

I Support ClubWRX

Sure, have fun!