Stock Air Intake Fit
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock Air Intake Fit within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am looking to go back to stock air intake on my 06 wrx limited. Unfortunately the original owner tossed ...

Stock Air Intake Fit

I am looking to go back to stock air intake on my 06 wrx limited. Unfortunately the original owner tossed it out so I am searching all over for a decently priced part. I found a whole set up for sale but its off an 04 sti. Are there any major differences between the 02 and 07 wrx and sti that would not make them interchangable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Stock Air Intake Fit

Nah, no difference. Go ahead an buy it man.

Posted from a fone.

Quote Originally Posted by subiwrx View Post
    I am looking to go back to stock air intake on my 06 wrx limited. Unfortunately the original owner tossed it out so I am searching all over for a decently priced part. I found a whole set up for sale but its off an 04 sti. Are there any major differences between the 02 and 07 wrx and sti that would not make them interchangable?
    Any specific reason you're going back to stock? Just curious because i was going to install a Cobb one and wanted to know of any problems you had.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

If you read up on Subarus and intakes you'll quickly learn that unless tuned properly, most aftermarket intakes will cause the car to run lean. Result: BOOM goes the engine.

We regularly get new members who come here, who buy used with an untuned intake that don't want their engines to go boom!

Posted from a fone.

Well I have a Cobb AP so my intake will have a proper tune so my engine won't go go boom, correct?
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

Yep! You are correct.
    If you read the map notes you should see supported intakes mentioned.

Posted from a fone.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.