Security light issue

This is a discussion on Security light issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The security light on my 2012 wrx is behaving differently from usual. I first noticed that something was strange when ...

Security light issue

The security light on my 2012 wrx is behaving differently from usual.

I first noticed that something was strange when I unlocked my car to drive home from work and none of the interior lights came on. Car drove fine. When I got home, I also noticed that the interior lights didn't come on when I unlocked/turned off the car. When I got out of the car and then locked it, I noticed that the security light started blinking rapidly, somewhere around twice per second I would say, for around 30 seconds. After this it started blinking twice, then pausing, then blinking twice again, instead of the usual blinking once and then pausing.

The security light stops blinking if I turn the car on, or turn the key to the on position.

The lights around the tachometer, speedometer, etc do light up when I unlock the car, just not the interior lights.

Does anyone have any idea what this means and what might have caused it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The security light blinking sounds normal.

Just to look into the obvious,is the dome light in the off position?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yeah I'm with rage everything is working fine except your dome light.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Ok it looks like you guys were totally right. I didn't realize there were 3 positions for the dome light, and I probably bumped it to the off position when taking my computer bag out of the car or something. I guess I never noticed the security light enough to realize that it is always blinking like that, and just connected the two. So I'm an idiot, but that's better than something being wrong with the car! Thanks for the help and sorry for the false alarm.

I Support ClubWRX
    Always glad to help
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.