couple problen need help

This is a discussion on couple problen need help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello i got a 04 impresa wrx with up pipe down pipe and reflash bough the car already modded i ...

couple problen need help

hello i got a 04 impresa wrx with up pipe down pipe and reflash bough the car already modded i get p0546 often and i know
    there some thread but im new to this and new to subaru i know not much bout all this and in 3rd gear high rpm
    i get p0244Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A Range/Performance
    so i dont really know what to do here and i live in a village so no good car shop haha to check it out
    any idea?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Need to know which Engine Management. The car needs to be retuned. It is overboosting. PO546 is the EGT sensor. I am assuming who ever modded the car removed the EGT sensor. All of these are common problems. Google search the code number + Subaru to get more detailed info.
    Last edited by Donkey; 11-17-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

ok i use cobb acess port and tuning is it gonna be expensive? i checked couple forum some says to use a 2.2 resistance between coupler but is it good that they remove egt sensor since it supose to be there to check for problems??7

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghost
    ok i use cobb acess port and tuning is it gonna be expensive? i checked couple forum some says to use a 2.2 resistance between coupler but is it good that they remove egt sensor since it supose to be there to check for problems??7
    Use the LWG map from Cobb to help with the overboost problem. The EGT sensor is only there to make sure the uppipe cat is alright; since it's removed (most likely), it isn't needed, so just do the resistor fix.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ok is lwg mapping suppose to be already in my cobb?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghost
    ok is lwg mapping suppose to be already in my cobb?
    You'll probably have to obtain it from the Cobb site. Unless the car has been custom tuned, that'd be my recommendation. If it has been custom tuned, you'll need to go to a shop and get the boost tables adjusted.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ok i know im anoying but last question i cant talk to the last onwer so anyway i can know it custom or not?