New 2013 wrx coolant question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 2013 wrx coolant question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I just picked up my new 2013 wrx. While I was showing it off 2 a coworker he loosened ...

New 2013 wrx coolant question

Hi, I just picked up my new 2013 wrx. While I was showing it off 2 a coworker he loosened the coolant cap( the one closest to the turbo) a very small amount of coolant leaked out before he quickly tightened it back up. I'm sure I'm overreacting, but is there any reason to be concerned?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Forgot to mention the car wasnt running, but it was a little warm from it being ran for a minute or 2

Re: New 2013 wrx coolant question

You're fine. No reason to be concerned at all.

Posted from a fone.

Phewwww. Thank you! I'm just very obsessive with this car right now, first new car ever. I'm actually about a nervous wreck just driving it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Each time you take off the cap,you are introducing air into the system. Check to see that the temp isn't rising. But should be alright.

Also never open the cap when the coolant is hot. Its a great way to burn yourself.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Each time you take off the cap,you are introducing air into the system. Check to see that the temp isn't rising. But should be alright.

Also never open the cap when the coolant is hot. Its a great way to burn yourself.
    This...and never let your co-worker touch your car again....or anyone for that matter.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

Drove it 50 miles today with no troubles. But ya, lesson most definitly learned.....next person that touches the car gets their fingers broken! :-)

Just curious, what the heck was the co-worker doing removing the cap in the first place? I would never imagine to just start touching stuff under anyone's hood.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    Just curious, what the heck was the co-worker doing removing the cap in the first place? I would never imagine to just start touching stuff under anyone's hood.
    +1 Why was he/she messing with your coolant cap? Generally when I'm checking out a cool car that's not the first place I go...
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

He actually was a full time mechanic for about 20 years at a dodge dealership, but got out of that work field 15 years ago. With that being said,I don't think he thought the car ran long enough to even warm the coolant up.
    I think he was just amazed at the technology with this setup compared to what he used to work on, therefore he couldn't resist touching something.
    No harm no foul though, he felt bad about it, apologized, and assured me that it didn't hurt anything.
    It only pushed out probably about a teaspoon of coolant.
    I figured I was overreacting, but just had to double check with all the experienced members on this website.

This is my first new car ever and it wasnt cheap....so I'm still kinda scared of it. Installed rally armour mudflaps on her today and it literally took me 3 times as long to do it as it should have because I was terrified that I would break something!

Re: New 2013 wrx coolant question

We're guys. We tinkers. No matter how careful we are we're eventually going to break something.... and break something else when we try to fix it... etc etc =D

Enjoy your new car. Congrats!

Posted from a fone.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.