Subaru WRX Forum banner

Simple obd2 to iphone/usb?

11K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  raabguy 
#1 ·
I did search, and found people looking for cables to tune and flash maps, i dont rly need to do that. All i want is a OBDII cable to either iphone or laptop (i guess laptop since i havent seen any OBDII to iPhone 5 cables). So i can scan check engine light codes. Some of them have other features like rpm/temp/etc.. MPG and HP would be awesome if any of them can do that. Im just wondering which ones would work? i found like this one... USB to OBDII KKL 409 1 OBD2 VAG com Car Scan Cable Tool Auto Scanner Vehicle OBD | eBay ..but it doesnt say compatible with subaru on the bottom so i guess it wont work? I just need a cheap one thatll work (preferably one that comes with software to install i guess). Anyone have any suggestions for me? BTW i have a 06 WRX if that helps. Thanks alot

#3 ·
If I recall unless your phone is jailbroken you can't use an bluetooth ELM327... maybe even then... apple sucks.
Might be cheaper to buy a cheap basic chinese ODB2 reader.

As for the VAG-COM cable, I know you can read older 16 bit(02-05) ECUs(write some). Not 100% sure on 32 bit ECUs(06+).

Posted from a fone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.