Simple obd2 to iphone/usb?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Simple obd2 to iphone/usb? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I did search, and found people looking for cables to tune and flash maps, i dont rly need to do ...

Simple obd2 to iphone/usb?

I did search, and found people looking for cables to tune and flash maps, i dont rly need to do that. All i want is a OBDII cable to either iphone or laptop (i guess laptop since i havent seen any OBDII to iPhone 5 cables). So i can scan check engine light codes. Some of them have other features like rpm/temp/etc.. MPG and HP would be awesome if any of them can do that. Im just wondering which ones would work? i found like this one... USB to OBDII KKL 409 1 OBD2 VAG com Car Scan Cable Tool Auto Scanner Vehicle OBD | eBay ..but it doesnt say compatible with subaru on the bottom so i guess it wont work? I just need a cheap one thatll work (preferably one that comes with software to install i guess). Anyone have any suggestions for me? BTW i have a 06 WRX if that helps. Thanks alot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User thescreensavers's Avatar
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback
    GTWORX Cup Kit w/RCE Yellows/RCE Swaybars/Kartboy Endlinks/Muffler Delete/Shorty Antenna/

Re: Simple obd2 to iphone/usb?

If I recall unless your phone is jailbroken you can't use an bluetooth ELM327... maybe even then... apple sucks.
    Might be cheaper to buy a cheap basic chinese ODB2 reader.

As for the VAG-COM cable, I know you can read older 16 bit(02-05) ECUs(write some). Not 100% sure on 32 bit ECUs(06+).

Posted from a fone.

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Mf645 View Post
    +1. 20 bucks for the whole setup (5 app, 15 BT adapter). Worked flawlessly on my 2 cars. Even realtime data!

I use a elm on my jailbroken iPhone works great

Kinda thinking about the GoPoint brand either the GL1 (wired) or BT1 (bluetooth). my friend scanned my car with it one time and it worked good, seems legit and apple-approved. Anyone have experience with these?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.