Overheating problem

This is a discussion on Overheating problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2003 wrx and ive been running it with a mishimoto radiator and a gutted thermostat. recently i ...

Overheating problem

I have a 2003 wrx and ive been running it with a mishimoto radiator and a gutted thermostat. recently i put a thermostat in the car, a gates, and it overheats now. I dont know whats wrong maybe the gates thermostat is no good, it doesnt open enough?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Overheating problem

Check for circulation. If you have circulation, burp the system. If not, then suspect thermostat. You'll be burping the system anyway, either case.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

burp by pouring directly into the top pipe of the radiator?

I Support ClubWRX

Overheating problem

Let car go stone cold. Keep engine off. Open turbo reservoir cap, and squeeze top hose to release air. Repeat until the cows come home. Then repeat some more.

Turn motor on, stay away from fans at all times (!!!!) and repeat again.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Alright I'll try it, if no altered result then its the thermostat correct? Hopefully a gasket is t blown or a head is messed up

I Support ClubWRX

Overheating problem

Firstly check for circulation as stated above.