Painfully slow WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Painfully slow WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Honda has recently surpassed even Toyota as the manufacturer with the most yawn-inducing product range. Especially since the FR-S. I ...

Honda has recently surpassed even Toyota as the manufacturer with the most yawn-inducing product range. Especially since the FR-S. I think we're all here because our cars are more to us than reliable but boring driving appliances.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well at least the engine is nicely lubed up!! Could be worse, could be a diesel that you put gas in. Can you say high pressure fuel pump grenaded (ask the VW 2.0 diesel guys what happens-I use to have one and remember the horror stories-8000.00 repair)? I bet your car runs good as new when they clear the fuel oil.
    How much gas was still in the tank when you filled up? The Station probably had a fair amt of gas in the tank still as well or you probably would not have even gotten as far as you did.
    Glad you figured it out, now go auto-x the Forester before you have to return it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikana View Post
    Honda has recently surpassed even Toyota as the manufacturer with the most yawn-inducing product range. Especially since the FR-S. I think we're all here because our cars are more to us than reliable but boring driving appliances.
    for the most part I would agree with you....there are two in the Honda lineup that I would actually like to own, but they would have to be heavily modified...the CR-Z (tear out all that hybrid crap and drop in a bigger more powerful block) and the Ridgeline (dropped about 3 inches, engine mods, and a manual tranny)
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    for the most part I would agree with you....there are two in the Honda lineup that I would actually like to own, but they would have to be heavily modified...the CR-Z (tear out all that hybrid crap and drop in a bigger more powerful block) and the Ridgeline (dropped about 3 inches, engine mods, and a manual tranny)
    I was disappointed by the CR-Z. (admittedly having not driven it) I wanted it to be good, though I guess I wanted it to be more like a CRX and not a hybrid. Honda used to be good at making small, light 4 cylinder performance cars, like the S2000, old Civic si, Integra... And the old NSX is a car I'd love to drive someday. But lately they've jumped the shark. I hope they will find their way again, maybe the FR-S/BRZ will help spur them on to make interesting cars again.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikana View Post
    I was disappointed by the CR-Z. (admittedly having not driven it) I wanted it to be good, though I guess I wanted it to be more like a CRX and not a hybrid.
    My hopes and thoughts exactly. That is why I would love to get and and gut the hybrid crap (electric motor and battery bloat) out of it, then drop in a performance 2.2L (like the H22A) and see what it can do.

I would love to have an old NSX and an S2000. I would also love to have one of the 2015 NSX...hopefully that is a nod towards where Honda is going soon.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by 1goindiesel View Post
    Well at least the engine is nicely lubed up!! Could be worse, could be a diesel that you put gas in. Can you say high pressure fuel pump grenaded (ask the VW 2.0 diesel guys what happens-I use to have one and remember the horror stories-8000.00 repair)? I bet your car runs good as new when they clear the fuel oil.
    How much gas was still in the tank when you filled up? The Station probably had a fair amt of gas in the tank still as well or you probably would not have even gotten as far as you did.
    Glad you figured it out, now go auto-x the Forester before you have to return it.
    Yes, it could be worse. According to the insurance agent, they put diesel in the premium tank and premium in the diesel. I wish I know how many people were affected, but I doubt I ever will.

Finally got my car back on Monday. The bill was $1100. So glad I don't have to pay it. They car seems fine, runs as good as it ever has.

I know I'll think about this every time I fill it up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.