Painfully slow WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Painfully slow WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; They replaced the injector on my car, but it didn't make any difference. They don't know what the problem is, ...

They replaced the injector on my car, but it didn't make any difference. They don't know what the problem is, and they are checking with the Subaru tech line.

I know this is an isolated incident, and I really don't think I made the wrong decision buying this car. I love driving it every day. When I have it! They gave me a loaner, and I'm racking up the miles on it, so I really can't complain too badly, but I miss it.

I'll post am update when I find out anything.

And, yes, I am the first owner. Bought it new Sept. 2010.
    Last edited by TimbersWRX; 11-13-2012 at 12:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Painfully slow WRX

Subaru has been vindicated! The car was full of diesel. Once they told me that, I went to the last gas station and they told me that the distributor had filled the premium tank with diesel. I have a call into them to find out how they will make this right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    um.....WOW, just WOW.

I would say station owes you big time!
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbersWRX View Post
    Subaru has been vindicated! The car was full of diesel. Once they told me that, I went to the last gas station and they told me that the distributor had filled the premium tank with diesel. I have a call into them to find out how they will make this right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    What?!?! Wow, that gas station is in for a world of hurt. Glad they figured it out, but I'd jump on the gas station right away. This could have damaged your car in ways you haven't seen yet, and they should be the ones footing the bill. Best of luck to you.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Wow.

Just...

Wow.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet!

I Support ClubWRX
    While refueling today I remembered your post.. :/ sorry for your bad luck.
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

What problems would filling up with diesel cause?
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

I Support ClubWRX
    From google:

"Putting diesel fuel in a gasoline engine doesn't cause irreversible damage, but it's not a good idea. In your gas-powered car, fuel injectors inject gas into the engine, spark plugs fire and gas vapors are ignited. Diesel fuel doesn't work that way; it's a heavier and oilier type of fuel that evaporates more slowly than gasoline. Without the vapors, the spark plugs would fail to ignite. To get your engine running again, the fuel tank would have to be drained and filled with gas. It might take a few tries, but eventually the engine will be clean of diesel and back in working order"
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Thats going to cause a lot of problems for a lot of people. Sucks for those who do not have warranty's on their cars and the issue wont be looked into as thoroughly and they could spend a lot to fix all the issues on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by careercadaver View Post
    Sucks to hear you're questioning the decision. Hopefully they can get that squared away for you. If you have snow this winter I doubt you'll question it.
    I dont think there is enough of a winter in NC for a good assessment of winter driving with any car
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    Thats going to cause a lot of problems for a lot of people. Sucks for those who do not have warranty's on their cars and the issue wont be looked into as thoroughly and they could spend a lot to fix all the issues on their own.

I dont think there is enough of a winter in NC for a good assessment of winter driving with any car
    Once they figure out what the problem is, they should get it all taken care of by the insurance company for the fuel distributor. They have contacted my Subaru dealer and will be paying them directly, so no out of pocket expense for me. That was a big releif!

According to Subaru, they need to empty my tank, flush the fuel lines, replace the spark plugs and drive it for a while. They said that there should be no lasting damage or effects. I should have my car back by the weekend. I know I'll be thinking of this every time I fill my tank for quite a while.

And, yes, there is not much "winter" driving here in NC, we get snow once in a while, but it never lasts very long.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    It really varies from year to year. Last year was basically just 2 seasons of fall; never got truly cold, and no snow or ice. The winter before that, we got much more, if memory serves.

But yeah, not a Maine winter.

(having said that, the NC mountains are a completely different story...)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Mountains are always a different story. Just saying that typical snow fall in NC does not really count as an actual winter as far as how winters can go.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

And now, just to round it out with the earlier posts: what would a Honda do when filled with diesel?
    And that should put that "comparison" to rest...!
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Yeah so the bottom line is...Subaru is a horrible car when you put diesel in it. That obviously means you shouldn't buy one and complain to the dealer.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.