Royal purple changing interval

This is a discussion on Royal purple changing interval within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi For everyone using royal purple how often are you changing your oil? I was at a conference and the ...

Hi
    For everyone using royal purple how often are you changing your oil? I was at a conference and the royal purple rep there said I should be able to get 10000 miles using royal purple. he's never owned a wrx so I'd like to know what guys are really getting.

Currently I'm using valvo and changing around every 3000 miles.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A lot of those long distance between oil change oils seem like a great deal but I dont think they consider turbo model cars to much. I know turbo's like fresh clean oil, not sure Id want 10,000 mile oil feeding my turbo. I go 4K on mobil one. Just over the 3,750 recommended change interval.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

I Support ClubWRX

Pull samples and do analyses to see how long you can go, unless you are under warranty. If under warranty, follow the book.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll stick with what I'm doing. I agree with the turbo comment I don't believe the guy was considering turbos etc. Thanks guys