CELL po224 11' WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CELL po224 11' WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My light comes on from time to time when i'm doing WOT or even mild pulls in 4th and 5th ...

CELL po224 11' WRX

My light comes on from time to time when i'm doing WOT or even mild pulls in 4th and 5th gear. I've looked around and it says its fuel cut but nobody seems to have a solid answer to my problem. I'm debating on selling my car but I wouldn't sell it if it continues to do this. I've heard I need a Catted DP (Which I Have) to fix the issue due to the back pressure. I've also heard I need a vacuum hose to help. The posts I found were created many years ago and just wanted to know if something new has come to light. Thanks for the help in advance!
    -SPC Rock
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's a code for wastegate pressure right?

I assume you are Stage 2?

Sounds like some creep to me. What vacuum hose would help?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

From what I've read it is boost creep. yes i'm stage two but some people were talking about a vacuum hose. I just wasn't sure if somebody had this issue and fixed it.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."

I can't think of anything a vacuum hose would do.

You running a Cobb Accessport Stage 2 map? If so, I'd load the Lower WDC map and see if that helps.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

I am not. I'm currently running the Torqued Performance map. I'll have to find my cable and switch maps. It's not all the time but it is happening more frequently than I'd like it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by angelfox View Post
    I am not. I'm currently running the Torqued Performance map. I'll have to find my cable and switch maps. It's not all the time but it is happening more frequently than I'd like it to be.
    Shoot Eric at TP a message and mention it to him. He could probably give you a new map that still performs well with an adjusted WDC value.

I Support ClubWRX
    You're overboosting. You need to modify the tune. Reach out to Eric, and see if he's willing to help.

If not, I'll do it...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Do either of you happen to have Eric's email? I purchased the tune months ago when I initial went stage two. Ej257, thanks for the offer to help. I see you posting everywhere and trust you, in case Eric happens to be unable to redo the map.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by angelfox
    Do either of you happen to have Eric's email? I purchased the tune months ago when I initial went stage two. Ej257, thanks for the offer to help. I see you posting everywhere and trust you, in case Eric happens to be unable to redo the map.
    Torqued Performance
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

What mods exactly do you have?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Just a Perrin DP & Catback. AEM Intake.

what part of hagerstown? i have a swp hatch here in htown as well

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.