possibly having a tune issue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on possibly having a tune issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2002 WRX and it USED to have a stage 2 tune on it. The guy I bought ...

possibly having a tune issue

I have a 2002 WRX and it USED to have a stage 2 tune on it. The guy I bought it from said he re-flashed the map back to stock. It also had TGV deletes. It still has the deletes, but is stock. It has a wondering idle when I start it, and when it warms up it levels out. But when I'm driving it it sometimes doesnt want to boost right, like hesitates and when I stop and its in neutral it almost bogs down enough to stall. I AM getting a P0171 I think it was..if it wasnt that, then it was close to it. Its not with me or I would scan it again. Basically it was running lean is what it scanned. The guy I bought it from said he thought the problem was a vacuum leak. I have never dealt with tunes before, so its all new to me. But if anyone knows what I could do, that would help me out. I checked the plugs that you connect when you tune and he has them disconnected like it says too, so I dont know. I am going to check the fuel pump, and filter next unless someone thinks they know something otherwise. The guy I got it from also said he did the tune/de-tune open source, so ecu flash, romraider, and a tactrix cable. Do I need these things to fiure out what is wrong with it? Can anybody help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    'USED to have a stage 2 tune' and 'It still has the deletes, but is stock'

wow.....

If you are on a stock tune, you need tuned. TGV deletes are beyond a normal 'stage 2' level....what else is still in there? Does it have an intake? a downpipe?

First, you need to go over the car and see what is currently installed. Then you need to flash to a tune that supports those parts.

edit: Additionally, TGV deletes are normally not done till you are at least planning on a larger turbo and injectors.....do you know if those were changed and still in the car?
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Yeah, it's a bit to swallow for me. Ok, it has an up-pipe, stock down pipe, 3 in catback, turbo silicone inlet/air intake hose. Stock air box and he told me it had the stock injectors for both stock and stage 2. I thought the same thing for a stage 2. But it has stock injectors and turbo. Nothing else on it. Why would it be running lean?

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, start off by reading this....

Unabomber's Manifesto - TGV Deletes FAQ - MySubie.com

edit: it would help to know specifically what code you are getting.
    Last edited by DemonWRX; 10-30-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.