possibly having a tune issue

This is a discussion on possibly having a tune issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2002 WRX and it USED to have a stage 2 tune on it. The guy I bought ...

possibly having a tune issue

I have a 2002 WRX and it USED to have a stage 2 tune on it. The guy I bought it from said he re-flashed the map back to stock. It also had TGV deletes. It still has the deletes, but is stock. It has a wondering idle when I start it, and when it warms up it levels out. But when I'm driving it it sometimes doesnt want to boost right, like hesitates and when I stop and its in neutral it almost bogs down enough to stall. I AM getting a P0171 I think it was..if it wasnt that, then it was close to it. Its not with me or I would scan it again. Basically it was running lean is what it scanned. The guy I bought it from said he thought the problem was a vacuum leak. I have never dealt with tunes before, so its all new to me. But if anyone knows what I could do, that would help me out. I checked the plugs that you connect when you tune and he has them disconnected like it says too, so I dont know. I am going to check the fuel pump, and filter next unless someone thinks they know something otherwise. The guy I got it from also said he did the tune/de-tune open source, so ecu flash, romraider, and a tactrix cable. Do I need these things to fiure out what is wrong with it? Can anybody help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    'USED to have a stage 2 tune' and 'It still has the deletes, but is stock'

wow.....

If you are on a stock tune, you need tuned. TGV deletes are beyond a normal 'stage 2' level....what else is still in there? Does it have an intake? a downpipe?

First, you need to go over the car and see what is currently installed. Then you need to flash to a tune that supports those parts.

edit: Additionally, TGV deletes are normally not done till you are at least planning on a larger turbo and injectors.....do you know if those were changed and still in the car?
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Yeah, it's a bit to swallow for me. Ok, it has an up-pipe, stock down pipe, 3 in catback, turbo silicone inlet/air intake hose. Stock air box and he told me it had the stock injectors for both stock and stage 2. I thought the same thing for a stage 2. But it has stock injectors and turbo. Nothing else on it. Why would it be running lean?

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, start off by reading this....

Unabomber's Manifesto - TGV Deletes FAQ - MySubie.com

edit: it would help to know specifically what code you are getting.
    Last edited by DemonWRX; 10-30-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8