loss of power and sputtering ticking sound
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on loss of power and sputtering ticking sound within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey everyone, i am new to this website but i have owned my 2007 wrx tr for about 1 1/2 ...

loss of power and sputtering ticking sound

hey everyone, i am new to this website but i have owned my 2007 wrx tr for about 1 1/2 years now and the car is stage 2 tuned with full catless turboback exhaust intake and obviously ecu protune from dentsport garage.
    when i first bought the car it was amazing!!! a couple months later the car started making a sputtering/ ticking noise that can only be heard by me when im beside another car or against a guardrail...
    the noise is only there while the turbo is spooling or during boost. the noise is also accompanied by power loss. when i bought the car it had a dyno sheet to come with it that said i had about 243 hp and 300 ft lbs of torque to the wheels...
    i have brought it to the dealership and to kinetic motorworks in hampstead nh and they cant figure it out so i figured i would ask subie owners and see if anyone could help me out....?
    thankyou for you time...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The ticking next to a guard rail leads me to believe it's an exhaust leak. The power loss indicates pre-turbo.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

im wondering if it could also be something to do with needing a tuneup... it has 73,000 and i dont think its ever had one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.