Is the clutch on warranty?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is the clutch on warranty? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My clutch is slipping and my car is syill on warranty, should my clutch be covered on warranty?...

Is the clutch on warranty?

My clutch is slipping and my car is syill on warranty, should my clutch be covered on warranty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Shutting up.
    Last edited by UEDan; 10-26-2012 at 04:53 PM.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's covered by the warranty. I've had two replaced by Subaru under warranty. Although they can easily say it went bad due to abuse and deny your claim if they want to.

Thanksbfor sharing your history. I guess I will talk with the dealer and pray its covered. Also, do you think if i got a stage 3 clutch they would install it for me instead of the oem one?

I had a clutch replaced under warranty as well
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by natbea09 View Post
    Thanksbfor sharing your history. I guess I will talk with the dealer and pray its covered. Also, do you think if i got a stage 3 clutch they would install it for me instead of the oem one?
    uhm, no. More then likely they'll look at you funny. Covering a warrenty claim to put in an aftermarket just screams abuse

True. Well, I will be happy enough if I can get it replaced then. Thanks for ur input all.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What mods do you have that warrant a stage 3 clutch?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

As of right now none. However, in the spring I will be looking at a fmic, injectors, fuel pump, intake, turboback exhaust, external wastegate+uppipe, and possibily a turbo upgrade all with a protune.

What do you drive...WRX?
    Plan on rebuildig the tranny a few times too

Yes a wrx and I shouldnt have to worry about the trany unless I go well o ver 400whp.. my goal is to get mid to high 300's

Yes a wrx and I shouldnt have to worry about the trany unless I go well o ver 400whp.. my goal is to get mid to high 300's

They will install it no problem, the question is whether they would be willing to use your warranty to cover the cost of labor. This isn't unheard of, so it might be worth asking (although like nsibanez said, it might start them thinking about abuse).

As far as the transmission, people have been known to break the five speed WRX transmission at stock power levels. I'm assuming yours is a newer year model since you said you are under warranty, so it's probably a little stronger than the older ones. Even so, I would be weary of the transmission with anything over 330wtq. If you baby it you can get away with running more power than it is traditionally rated to handle, but it's still a gamble. I'm not sure what makes you think you wouldn't have to worry until over 400whp, you're probably thinking of the six speed that comes in the STi.

My tranny was rebuilt twice before I bought it.....
    It's never been modded... just beat on

I have an aftermarket clutch too...apparently one of the last owners thoguht it would let him abuse it more... I can feel the scars every time I shift. You can just tell when it's been abused. I don;t even beat on my car at all. I baby the hell out of it and I still have problems. I seriously do not recommend adding too much power unless you;re going to do a tranny swap as well

At this point im considering trading in for an STI. How much whp can their trannys handle?

At this point im considering trading in for an STI. How much whp can their trannys handle?

With responsible driving, 500whp give or take.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast