Classic 02 wrx warm start denied. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Classic 02 wrx warm start denied. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey soupa, i have been waiting for it to warm up but this weekend im going to change all my ...

hey soupa, i have been waiting for it to warm up but this weekend im going to change all my grounds out and try unplugging and re plugging in my ecu like donkey suggested. if you find anything let me know because iv had this for months now it sucks. i had a thought the other day could it be something with the clutch pedal switch?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've asked around about the clutch and people say no. Because the clutch pedal switch is either going to work or not. it shouldn't be an every now and a again thing. I will also try unplugging the ecu. I think I found most of my grounds... could have missed one tho...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance*eleventy,000,000,001*

the grounds didnt change anything? and yes ill let you know about the computer

what about the fuel rails? have you tested for fuel pressure? I took my soob in to two different places (one being a subaru dealership) and they reported different fuel pressures. One said it was way too high, up to around 80psi, and the dealership said I only had about 40 - 60 when they tested it. So I think that something isn't keeping the pressure. maybe in the engine, maybe in the fuel pump area? I'm guessing engine tho because I just replaced my fuel pump a few months ago.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance*eleventy,000,000,001*

i wasnt so sure about the fuel rails but i can check mine because i have perrin rails i can hook up a pressure tester to mine. i dont have the pressure tester though so id have to find or make one to hook up

i still havnt found a fuel rail pressure gauge to use so i might might one instead. on a side night could be totally unrelated or not but my oil light cam on for 3 to 5 seconds and stopped never came back on. this is the third or fourth time that has happend in the past 5 or 6 months since the problem started.

I Support ClubWRX
    Every autostore sells one. Advanced,Autozone,Pepboys. Actron/Sunpro.

Actron®
    Last edited by Donkey; 11-14-2012 at 04:44 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

ill give them a look, i was checking with my mechanic friends to see if they had one but non of them have one in state. "currently finishing school out of state" ill find one for 30 bucks or make one. By the way Donkey i love your 02 WRX. definition of clean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.