Bad MPG/Monitors not ready
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Bad MPG/Monitors not ready within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So what's up with this nonsense? I have an 08 WRX and I'm gettin 17.7 MPG. Also when I look ...

Bad MPG/Monitors not ready

So what's up with this nonsense? I have an 08 WRX and I'm gettin 17.7 MPG. Also when I look @ my phone it says it stays in open loop due to low temp and most of my monitors show not ready. Only modifications that I know it has are lowering springs and a cat back exhaust.
    Does anyone know what It might be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

have you checked your alignment?
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^huh?

Post all your CEL codes - not the descriptions, the codes themselves.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

No MIL/No DTC's

I Support ClubWRX
    Then what is the coolant temp? Also gas milage is pretty subjective to the owners driving style and other variables. For a 2.5L 17 mpg isn't that horrible. I would check your tire pressure as well. I generally run about 34psi all around.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Depending how I drive it ill get 16 on a bad day and if I milk it right I've gotten 27.....showed 38 one time for a little bit after I reset it.....If only it could really be lol. All in all It usually shows about 22.5-23mpg when I fill up.
    As for your phone.......is it reliable? If so what do you have on it?
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

I Support ClubWRX
    You should do a search on "MPG" and read those threads. Perhaps you have? Anyway, I hope you didn't by this car for the gas economy.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Well no I didnt get it for the fuel economy...but it'd b nice 2 not have 2 fill up every 3 days. Anyways I don't think i drive it hard...most of the time I'm at 70MPH on cruise control on the freeway. My coolant temp is like 196 F and my tire pressure is 36 in the front and 32 in the rear. And on my phone I have the app called Torque

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.