please help, WRX NO BOOST AT ALL

This is a discussion on please help, WRX NO BOOST AT ALL within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok I have 02 wrx with 04 wrx motor, vf39 sti turbo, (19lbs boost) and all the mods that can ...

Ok I have 02 wrx with 04 wrx motor, vf39 sti turbo, (19lbs boost) and all the mods that can go with that- fuel pump, injectors, exhaust front mount blah blah the usual. anyway owned the car for over a year now, never had any problems mechanically with it until now. Left the car over night came back to it, drove right down the rode in it for about 5 minutes had time to warm up (everything was fine). Stopped at store, started it back up, it died right away, started it again and it idled fine, but IT IS NOT BUILDING ANY BOOST AT ALL. I was in a parking lot and then started it and was not beating on it at all and the turbo is SILENT. Cant here anything, boost gauge reads only vaccum and does not read any boost. No blow off, nothing. Doesnt seem like a hose leak because i dont here ****! its like im driving a regular impreza. Motor runs fine except for stall issue. It doesnt even build the tinyest bit of boost, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT EITHER. Could the waste gate be stuck open or something so air is just passing right through? Please help, never had any issues mechanically with this car and its been almost 2 years with same mods. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Waste gate arm half moon clip missing.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.