backfire w/ lack of boost under excel, incredibly rougher than normal idle

This is a discussion on backfire w/ lack of boost under excel, incredibly rougher than normal idle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I have An 04 WRX with a lot of mods bought her a week ago. The only mods ...

backfire w/ lack of boost under excel, incredibly rougher than normal idle

Ok so I have An 04 WRX with a lot of mods bought her a week ago. The only mods I know of are lightweight flywheel, 6 puck clutch, blouch 16/18 g turbo, 660cc Injectors, 3 in up and dp. she's pushing about 268 awhp. When under acceleration my car bobs and shakes and backfires while accelerating while losing power. And for some odd reason it'll just go away by itself or if I let it alone for a while and restart it its better for a little while. No fuel spitting out the exhaust or black or blue smoke. Oils are good. I'd really REALLY love some help. I'm new to Subaru and turbos honestly. Teach me something. I'm starving for knowledge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You get a CEL?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Well I've had one I bought it in Texas drove it to Kansas no issues AT ALL the cel was because my exhaust has cats deleted. Need to delete the o2 sensors so I don't think it would have a problem cause its been good all this time right?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWRX View Post
    Well I've had one I bought it in Texas drove it to Kansas no issues AT ALL the cel was because my exhaust has cats deleted. Need to delete the o2 sensors so I don't think it would have a problem cause its been good all this time right?
    Uh...no. It sounds like youre having misfire issues which is going to make your car explode. Who did the engine management on the car?

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Holy crap! A performance shop in Austin Texas called MZM performance. Than I bought the car from another shop. In Dallas. What should I do?! I just spent 15000 on her...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWRX View Post
    Holy crap! A performance shop in Austin Texas called MZM performance. Than I bought the car from another shop. In Dallas. What should I do?! I just spent 15000 on her...
    Take it back and make them fix it or refund your money.

What kind of warranty did you get from the place you bought the car from?

I'm assuming you bought the car as-is with all of these modifications on it? Did you have it inspected by a mechanic before buying? Do you know when the car was tuned, and whether it was tuned for the current mods that are on it?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading