CHanged oxygen sensor and have worse problem i think Turbo XS system to blame????
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CHanged oxygen sensor and have worse problem i think Turbo XS system to blame???? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi i have had a code for the last month reading bad 02 sensor for front end 02. i just ...

CHanged oxygen sensor and have worse problem i think Turbo XS system to blame????

hi i have had a code for the last month reading bad 02 sensor for front end 02. i just bought the new part and installed it . once i have the car running it is not as smooth with new sensor as it was with the old bad sensor. i have a TurboXS computer that i have set the proper parameters for my 2003 wrx 2.0L but think it is causeing all this problem. please help me chase this problem for i dont want to destroy my car

thanks all
    -brody

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

I'm not sure the Utec is the issue. Did you buy the right O2 sensor? Do you have a DTC ?

Sent from my magic banana
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

What all other mods do you have? What kind of car?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

i have a 2003 subaru wrx 2.0L with blitz blow off valve and a blitz air filter stock injectors new spark plugs within 3k miles and TurboXS system. and Donkey i had the wrong one sent to me for a 2.5L and i went and got a new one at napa and made sure three time lol it was the one for my motor . finaly got the new one which is 4 pin and looked same as the old one, it is a Deso brand part #234-9011 and instaled it fine with no problems till i started it up and it ran. i am sorry but i have no idea what a DTC is?

thanks for the reply

Check engine light has been blinking since last night and is still blinking. the car is running so choppy that I swear it has a cylinder Misfire but have not checked the code. fuel smells very rich. and also loss of horses. my poor car. could a damaged mass air flow sensor cause this?

I Support ClubWRX

Re: CHanged oxygen sensor and have worse problem i think Turbo XS system to blame????

Get the code read already
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

^ That.

Take it to an autozone, advance auto parts, pep boys, etc. You should be able to get it read for free.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Get the code read already
    Ej257 YA HELPFUL REPLY. Douch bag, thanks calvinball for putting it that way. will be checking code after work today.

Quote Originally Posted by 03blitz View Post
    Ej257 YA HELPFUL REPLY. Douch bag, thanks calvinball for putting it that way. will be checking code after work today.
    Cool name calling pal. An internet forum isn't a code reader. We can only speculate. EJ's reply was perfectly sensible. Take the tude over to Nasioc if you're gonna be that way. And you spelled "douche" wrong.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

......He said get the code read. Overreact much? Hate to see what you did after that girl you asked to your high school prom turned you down.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    ......He said get the code read. Overreact much? Hate to see what you did after that girl you asked to your high school prom turned you down.

Alright drama queens codes are p0301,0302,0303,0304, p0031

IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Those codes are for misfires in cylinder 1 (0301), 2 (0302), etc. P0031 is for the oxygen sensor. Check the above thread for some guidance on what to look at.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I'm a drama king actually...bow down to me or you'll be banished forever!

Follow Calvinball's post. Start simple as it will suggest.

I Support ClubWRX
    EJ257 was simply pointing out the obvious. If you are going to cop an attitude then have fun fixing your car on your own................considering you can't even bother read the stickies at the top of the page. It doesn't take a lot of common sense to figure out if your check engine light is on to get the code read as that probably contains valuable info that would assist in diagnosing your problem. Hence the frigg'n point of OBD "ON BOARD DIAGNOSTICS" systems.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...-question.html
    Last edited by Donkey; 10-19-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.