Duty cycle - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Duty cycle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I can't remember the IDCs on the 93 tune. Ill pull a new log. I don't think I monitored that ...

I can't remember the IDCs on the 93 tune. Ill pull a new log. I don't think I monitored that on the first log I pulled with the 93 tune. If I recall correctly I only monitored the IDCs on the 91 tune. So you're saying since there isn't a knock issue, using a higher octane on a lower map isn't producing any benefits?
    A car is only as good as its driver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Duty cycle

Upload your log to Google Docs and set it to Public. That's impossible to parse
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

This is the stage 1 91 octane tune

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...E1EcjNZVzJZWlE
    Last edited by SubiEj255; 10-17-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You have to make it public still I think.

A log with the 93 octane map is the one we need to see, but I'll be happy to look at the 91 map too.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Ok done. It's public. A 93 map will have to wait until tomorrow. The log I have doesn't have IDCs on it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, nothing to see there really except the high duty cycle - it looks fine to go ahead and load the 93 map.

One weird learned knock "event" but it looks like it was right when you are lifting off and is probably insignificant.

Ill pull a 93 oct log and post it tomorrow. The knock learning was when I let off I did see that. A reason why I am running the 91 oct tune is b/c it boosts less than the 93 oct tune. I was under the impression that it will be richer than the 93 tune. Make sense?

run the 93 map. Seriously, the ots maps are rich enough that you can get away with running 92 on the 93 map. I must have logged about 90 times over a few months and never found anything too odd about the 93 map other than its pig rich to begin with. The 91 map is even worse.

Seriously cobbs maps are very very very lax. You can run that 93 map without issue.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Ok cool. How are your IDCs?

This is the stage1 93 octance tune. I'm hitting the same amount of boost as the other tune and duty cycle is around 96% at 6800 rpm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XazFjTUE#gid=0

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubiEj255 View Post
    This is the stage1 93 octance tune. I'm hitting the same amount of boost as the other tune and duty cycle is around 96% at 6800 rpm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XazFjTUE#gid=0
    That looks a bit better and I would stick with the 93 over the 91. Basically everything else is fine, so if you want to keep running it you have to keep an eye on it and make sure it isn't leaning out when the weather gets colder or anything else that might make your boost go up. You're not quite making the target boost but I wouldn't try without upgrading the fuel system. Also note that the factory front O2 isn't accurate at WOT - no point in logging that and don't rely on it. Watch for changes to the DAM and knock cells instead.

I still find it strange that the duty cycles are so high on a stage II map. You really would likely be better served with a more custom map.

I did see that this tune looks better. I will leave it, but my IDCs are better b/c I'm not hitting targeted boost levels. I think if I was they would be closer to maxed out.

It's a stage 1 map tho

To bring back an old thread....

I've got a 2013 5 door....stage 1...running Cobb Stage 1 91 octane, modified by e-tuner to run 16 lbs. of boost.

My logs show at 6k rpm, I'm at 86% injector duty cycle. I'm at about 11.2 AFR at that point (tailpipe sniffer at dyno). Is this too rich?

How are people running a stage 2 tune on stock fuel pump and stock injectors?
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.