Oil leak at head? Help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Oil leak at head? Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ya definetely check it again in a couple days, make sure you get some good mileage out of it too ...

Ya definetely check it again in a couple days, make sure you get some good mileage out of it too to get the oil soaking through. Also check your oil levels frequently.
    If it does leak again, take alot of pics. Look for the highest soaked spot and you'll find your answer there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah that's my game plan I just need to rule out the filter and plug leaking so if I get oil up there again I can take it back to the dealer and show em they were wrong

That's why I took picture of it all cleaned up just so I have some sort of proof that I cleaned it

Definetely. They'll pretty much have no reason to deny a warrenty when it's that black and white
    As long as they don't skimp out on the sealant when doing so

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806 View Post
    I trust my mechanic because its my older brother, several other of his co workers looked at today as did i and the fact that the dealer told me that the oil blew up onto the head from the filter or plug seems very unlikely. unless oil now defies gravity.
    You do understand the dynamics of airflow right? Like when you are driving a car 60 + miles an hour the air does not just go straight under the car. It can actually go up into the engine bay with some velocity depending on the car aerodynamics. That being said I have never used an OEM filter on my cars ever. Never had a problem with them leaking. I also clean the filter seat and rub a fingertip's worth of fresh oil on the rubber oil filter seal before installing. There has definitely been stories of the filter gasket sticking to the engine block when the filter has been removed and a new filter replaced without even noticing it. This would cause a leak.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12