idle shake???

This is a discussion on idle shake??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I am wondering if this is just normal. I dont recall feeling this when i got the car. ...

Banned

idle shake???

Ok so I am wondering if this is just normal. I dont recall feeling this when i got the car. I dont drive it often. its a 2012 WRX I only have 2000 miles on it. When i am idling the car has a very slight rock back and forth to it almost like it has a really mild cam. I just dont remember it doing this before I always thought on idle it was smooth with no car rocking. I dont beat on the car and its stock except for a nameless axle back. I never seen any CEL just curious if its just a normal thing and maybe I just didnt notice it before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd honestly say it's pretty normal...it goes along with all the other NVH that these things have stock. My brand new STI back in 2006 did the same thing. My current STI now also still does the same thing at 118k.

I'd honestly suspect that the stock engine mounts are a bit more firm than an average commuter car (with even firmer upgrades still available), so it will pass along the vibrations of the engine to the rest of the chassis.

Do you notice any fluctuation in RPM when this happens?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Banned
    no the idle doesnt seem to bounce anywhere. I guess I wont worry about it then.

I Support ClubWRX
    The internal combustion engine is a fickle creature. If the car feels drastically different from when you purchased it don't hesitate to go back to the dealer, ask to sit in other cars and have a tech come with you. All it will cost you is time.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

I'm sureit's normal. I noticed this on mine with 70k, tried cleaning the throttle body, and the only thing I can think of to fix it is relace the PCV or flush the intercoole which I've heard works best with simple green.
    But your's is so new, you have nothing to worry about. As long as it's just a slight shake

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's fine.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

When I bought my 06 WRX, I noticed the same thing and took it into the dealer. They said it was normal, after all it is a souped up engine. I now have 106k miles on mine.

I Support ClubWRX
    it's kind of normal... Cold it's normal. Just a little it's normal. Heck these engines sometimes even misfire at idle and it can be common place.

If it's shaking all over the place, then it's not. Take it to the dealership... as was said above... it just costs you time.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!