The Type of octane to use? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Type of octane to use? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so if i completely build my engine and nothing ever goes wrong there wouldn't be an claims therefore the warranty ...

so if i completely build my engine and nothing ever goes wrong there wouldn't be an claims therefore the warranty wouldn't be voided or whatever the term is
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Yea.. my engine is completely built, along with just about every other part of the car. Like Will said, your warranty can never be "voided", but a dealership can use just about anything as an excuse to deny a warranty claim. It really just depends on the particular service department. Claims are approved or denied by SOA, but it's up to the service department manager what they choose to tell SOA about your claim.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes
    Things will go wrong, no matter what you think. If you don;t use the right, or same sealant they'll be able to tell just by the color of the gasket someone else toiuched it. If you need to have your engine rebuilt and see any aftermarket pistons.
    There's plenty of ways to tell.
    And you can never say nothing ever goeswrong because parts wear down and you will have to get them replaced

i know it will... its a dream to build your car and things never break but it happens.. i know that ... i am still debate if i should wait a year or so before i start working on my engine
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Yes
    Things will go wrong, no matter what you think. If you don;t use the right, or same sealant they'll be able to tell just by the color of the gasket someone else toiuched it. If you need to have your engine rebuilt and see any aftermarket pistons.
    There's plenty of ways to tell.
    And you can never say nothing ever goeswrong because parts wear down and you will have to get them replaced

Re: The Type of octane to use?

I use 93 octane, I figure the extra two bucks per full tank is worth not getting a knocking sound 5 years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    i know it will... its a dream to build your car and things never break but it happens.. i know that ... i am still debate if i should wait a year or so before i start working on my engine
    I'd just wait to be onthe safe side tohave money on the side incase you need a major repair after building it.But you said it'sfor occasional track and mostly DD right?

dd=drag race?.... yea basically.. my goal if i can is to reach 1000hp monster
    I'd just wait to be onthe safe side tohave money on the side incase you need a major repair after building it.But you said it'sfor occasional track and mostly DD right?

dd=drag race?.... yea basically.. my goal if i can is to reach 1000hp monster
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batman.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	108941

Lol,all in good fun, don;t take it the wrong way
    But, 1000 horse is a lot...let's be reasonable. Especially the WRX and its glass transmission

Without 91. Kaboom goes the engine.

i know im dreaming lol... all jokes aside probably is 500+ is my real goal for this car ...500 is my mark anything above that ill be happy i think its a stretch to reach 700 i think
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batman.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	108941

Lol,all in good fun, don;t take it the wrong way
    But, 1000 horse is a lot...let's be reasonable. Especially the WRX and its glass transmission

i know im dreaming lol... all jokes aside probably is 500+ is my real goal for this car ...500 is my mark anything above that ill be happy i think its a stretch to reach 700 i think
    It's possible. I've seen in an article, forgot which one, it was a 600 hp+ WRX. But at that point it's not even the same car anymore with such a huge build. New engine, tranny,
    Just not for me =p just a few simple mods are perfectly fine

It's possible. I've seen in an article, forgot which one, it was a 600 hp+ WRX. But at that point it's not even the same car anymore with such a huge build. New engine, tranny,

Dam laggy internet double posted

forged inside insides BIG turbo etc so on so forth lol.. itll fly like a bird though

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    DD = daily driver.. the opposite of a drag car.

If you go by what Subaru says the STi being 300hp, that should make my bugeye around 650hp come December. There's a lot of thought and research that goes into building a high hp reliable 2.5L car. Of course these days 500whp isn't unreasonable, when just five years ago a reliable 400whp was wishful thinking [I was reading an old rod thread on nabisco today from 2005 where people were questioning why anyone would replace STi rods because no one had ever seen one fail, now I'm going to be replacing my Manley H-Beams for Pauter X-Beams because several people have broke the Manleys at 550-600whp]. Once you go over around 560-600whp then you're talking about a car that is just useless on the street.. no power till after 5500rpm. I know at least three people here in TX at AWDTuning that make over 600whp (one over 700whp), probably a dozen over 500whp.. It can certainly be done, but we're talking $20,000-$30,000 in modifications. Then you have to deal with constant issues/rebuilds. If you're going to spend the money on a 500whp car, I suggest having an equal amount of money set aside to fix it when it breaks. And you should certainly have another car to drive when it's in the shop.. ask me how I know.
    Last edited by MainFrame; 10-16-2012 at 10:44 PM.

i figured out what DD was but thanks... i do have another car my first car which is dreadful to drive no excitement(2000 Ford Taurus SE)... i know its going to alot of money make such a nice build and make it properly so I'm on the fence on how to do it. should me and all my mechanic friends do it(save a lot of $$) or do it professional and people who have an idea how it should be done(spend more $$) what i mean how it should be done is they have made other subi's 500+ .they know all the in and outs. of course i should have money on the side cause if i don't my car is just going to sit there with being repaired...
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    DD = daily driver.. the opposite of a drag car.

If you go by what Subaru says the STi being 300hp, that should make my bugeye around 650hp come December. There's a lot of thought and research that goes into building a high hp reliable 2.5L car. Of course these days 500whp isn't unreasonable, when just five years ago a reliable 400whp was wishful thinking [I was reading an old rod thread on nabisco today from 2005 where people were questioning why anyone would replace STi rods because no one had ever seen one fail, now I'm going to be replacing my Manley H-Beams for Pauter X-Beams because several people have broke the Manleys at 550-600whp]. Once you go over around 560-600whp then you're talking about a car that is just useless on the street.. no power till after 5500rpm. I know at least three people here in TX at AWDTuning that make over 600whp (one over 700whp), probably a dozen over 500whp.. It can certainly be done, but we're talking $20,000-$30,000 in modifications. Then you have to deal with constant issues/rebuilds. If you're going to spend the money on a 500whp car, I suggest having an equal amount of money set aside to fix it when it breaks. And you should certainly have another car to drive when it's in the shop.. ask me how I know.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast