Possibly Thermostat Problem?? Help needed!!

This is a discussion on Possibly Thermostat Problem?? Help needed!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey how we all doing? First time on here so hope i posted in the right place? I have a ...

Hey how we all doing? First time on here so hope i posted in the right place? I have a wrx sti wagon 1998 have looked after this car for a few years now and has done me really well. Just yesterday i noticed that my temp wasn't going up much over the line at all after i had been driving around at least an hour. I have been told that it could be a thermostat problem? If so is there much work involved as i need my car for my job? And also where you put your coolant after a few days that green goes brown not sure why this is can anyone tell me please??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Suspect thermostat stuck open and need coolant flush. Coolant flush done with thermostat routinely. Use authentic parts. One hour job. Burp the system extensively.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ok thank you so much for the advice will do that now and in future!! .. Cheers Also is it ok to drive around??

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's not really good for it if it isn't getting up to temperature. You can drive it a little bit, but I would try to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Is it blowing any hot air at all after driving?

Yeah will get it done tomorrow hopefully!? Umm can't see it blowing any hot air is that bad?

Bad thermos or maybe a stuck gauge