2013 WRX hatchback taillight/reverse lamp issue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX hatchback taillight/reverse lamp issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 2013 WRX hatchback is less than a week old and I have discovered moisture/condensation inside the drive-side taillight. The ...

2013 WRX hatchback taillight/reverse lamp issue

My 2013 WRX hatchback is less than a week old and I have discovered moisture/condensation inside the drive-side taillight. The lamp I am referring to is the one on the outside, not the one on the hatch. Not too much rain around here lately (northern VA) however I did get a car wash yesterday. Noticed the moisture in the lens this morning.

I called the dealership and they said to bring the car in. However, the moisture is gone now. Could this be normal? I have read that it is possible that the taillight is vented/ not sealed.

Pictures of taillight:

Picture of trip to Shenandoah:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    This has reportedly happened to the headlights of some GR models.2011 WRX - Condensation in the headlights...

Unfortunately it is not covered under warranty according to a SOA bulletin. BS you say? I agree entirely.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

well, my IAG overlay will cover this anyway. Just looking for more info
    Last edited by SJ9ninety; 10-11-2012 at 05:21 PM.

I have a 2013 DGM Hatch and this is happening to me as well, did you happen to contact the dealer or try and fix this your self?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121211_151950.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	110311
    Got my car last friday Dec. 7, 2012 and i saw condensation in the same spot, rear left tail light. I was freaking out but i guess its normal.
    Did you get this problem fixed?

What was the final result of this?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.