2013 WRX Turbo Oil Outlet Tube leak
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Turbo Oil Outlet Tube leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My shiny new 2013 WRX Base 5-Door went in for its first oil change at about 1,100 miles, and to ...

2013 WRX Turbo Oil Outlet Tube leak

My shiny new 2013 WRX Base 5-Door went in for its first oil change at about 1,100 miles, and to my surprise the dealer found an oil leak coming from the Turbo Oil Outlet Tube (part #4 on the attached illustration). It's a slow leak, but still needs to be addressed. What surprised me is that this part was not in stock, leading me to believe that this sort of leak is pretty rare. The part is coming in and will be installed this week.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else encountered this problem?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7593325.gif 
Views:	144 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	108789

Chris
    Last edited by cohland; 10-11-2012 at 08:42 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would assume that would be rare I have no leaks on my 13, I did however have to harass the living sh*t out of my service manager to change my oil at 1k they swear by their 3k for first oil

Quote Originally Posted by Dgmftw View Post
    I would assume that would be rare I have no leaks on my 13, I did however have to harass the living sh*t out of my service manager to change my oil at 1k they swear by their 3k for first oil
    Yeah, I did get a funny look from them about the mileage, but it was my $75, not theirs. From now on I'll go in at 3,500 mile intervals, most likely. They had to remove the turbocharger to install this part, it must have been ugly. Works fine now, though!

Chris

They'll have a TSB for it soon I'm sure

Ive got a 2013 wrx base 4door and I am noticing a leak in the same area. Might be a similar problem.

i have the same problem too, have the service fixed like two times, it still leaks.... im going to let them fix one more time before i call lemon law, my car only have 3000 miles on it.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would assume it's uncommon on a new car.. but that is one of (if not the) most common area for oil leaks on older modified cars.

Replace the tube, be extra careful with the install, clean the area well, then inspect it in a week.. problem should be solved. (dealership should do it under warranty no problem)

I Support ClubWRX
    It doubt it's coming from the actual tube itself and maybe a gasket or the drain tube. It's a gravity drain. The gasket is $5. Even if it was the tube I would just JB weld it and not buy new.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	110765

Have an appointment with the service on Monday, I totally bitch at them!! I told them this is going to be the third time and also the last time, before I call lemon law!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by bennychan723; 01-02-2013 at 11:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.