2002 Wrx missing and Blinking CEL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2002 Wrx missing and Blinking CEL within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was wondering where the starter relay is or where I hook one of those buttons. I am more familiar ...

I was wondering where the starter relay is or where I hook one of those buttons. I am more familiar with cars that have a relay on the fender like a ford.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I performed the compression test and leak-down.
    The #3 cyl is dead. 20psi and no better with a bit of oil.
    leak-down is 100% leak in the exhaust. other cyls less than 5%leak.
    Needs a valve job or maybe a long block because of miles.
    Is it worth it to do a Valve job on 160k miles car?

I Support ClubWRX

2002 Wrx missing and Blinking CEL

Do the math. Price remove/service/replace heads plus gasket set +/- new short block (with reflash?) vs. used engine one piece. Prices will vary.

Anything that exceeds the cost of the car I'd not do. It's the stuff that's very costly but cheaper than a car that's a judgment call. Your call.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12