Please help me!

This is a discussion on Please help me! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently bought a WRX, year 02. I have a fuel leakage and it happens every other time, but only ...

Please help me!

I recently bought a WRX, year 02. I have a fuel leakage and it happens every other time, but only when i turn on my engine. Sometimes, it'll be leaking fuel and sometimes it'll just be normal. Can anyone explain to me what's wrong? Is it my fuel injector? fuel line? Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Where is the fuel coming from? Is the car stock, or modded?

everything is stocked, besides the exhaust.

That's the problem, I can't seem to figure out where the fuel is coming from. It's coming underneath from all these other wires. I do think it's coming from a line underneath the wires, which doesn't have a bolt. Could that be the reason why?

See if you can look under the hood and get someone else to start it. You're going to need to identify the area the leak is coming from before we can really help you. Maybe just look for residue and take pictures..

Alright, thanks. I"ll check it out tomorrow and get back to you where the leak is coming from. I mean, it doesn't affect my driving, but I'm just afraid something bad might happen sooner or later.

If the leak is bad enough it could cause fuel delivery issues and potentially kill the engine.

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I thought about that, but he said it's a leak, not just odor.. and it's not that cold outside yet, at least not here.

Yeah, it's an on and off issue only. It only starts leaking once in a while. I think it's leaking from the fuel hard line. Either the line that feeds the injector or the return line. I notice on another person's picture that theirs had a bolt, I wanted to know if it requires a bolt on or not?

I found where the problem is coming from. Seems like it's leaking from the fuel injection line, right around the bolt. Would I just need to replace the line or just tighten up the bolt?

I Support ClubWRX

Please help me!

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I thought about that, but he said it's a leak, not just odor.. and it's not that cold outside yet, at least not here.
    The odor is due to a leak,which generally happens under the intake manifold. Over time it leaks regardless of weather.

Sent from my magic banana
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

id start with the cheapest and easiest fix first...tighten the bolt, but thats just me. plus i really dont know what bolt youre talking about or what, i dont have any experience with this really. maybe if it is supposed to have a washer, it may need a new washer and thats causing the leak.
    then if it still happens i would replace the whole line