Impossible Heat Problem

This is a discussion on Impossible Heat Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX with an odd heating problem. Recently, the car has been blowing cold air ...

Lkt

Impossible Heat Problem

I have a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX with an odd heating problem. Recently, the car has been blowing cold air out of each end and the passenger side middle vent, but the driver side middle vent is hot air. floor vents are cold as well. However it cant be blockage cause the air pressure is the same in all vents. Thermostat is okay, coolant level is good. At one point during a test drive when the car made it to operating temperature on the highway, all vents briefly blew hot air, then it reverted back to only the passenger middle vent only.

Any suggestions for this one? It seems impossible. From what I know the chamber inside is wide open. I believe that the heater core itself is closest to the working vent, but I have no idea about the mechanics of this. In the past, I have had issues like this when the linkage came off the actuator door/damper or there was a vacuum line off. But I am at a loss as to why there would be cold air everywhere except that one vent and still the same air flow.

Thank you in advance....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Gonna go with a poltergeist. Need an exorcism stat

Honestly that is bizarre, having taken apart an 09 I thought it was all on the same line.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?