LOST
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on LOST within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so im a Holden girl at heart... But a year ago i purchased my Boy (WRX). All has been ...

LOST

ok so im a Holden girl at heart... But a year ago i purchased my Boy (WRX). All has been well and definitely love the ride...
    Recently its started to make a winding noise...
    I originally thought it was turbo as the boost is kicking late... I have checked all pipe work and everything seems intact... Every time i take it in someone tells me something different... Now the noise is getting louder... It sounds like a super charge... Im starting to wonder if its the main bearing... I dont know much bout Subaru's and im still learning... Is there any way i can throw it on a computer to find out what the definite problem is???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

LOST

Is it a JDM model or USDM model? If its USDM then yes you can hook it up to a computer easily.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I think its a USDM model but not 100% sure. Im still learning my Car and i guess that dont help issues. Doesnt help that professionals dont know neither or they just throw out their maybes... theyr probably just messing me round just because im a women
    Ill take it into high pro auto electrical and see if they can hook me up to a computer. Maybe they can give me a few answers. I hope

I Support ClubWRX

LOST

Usdm cars are LHD with an MPH speedo, 16" wheels, single piston rear brakes, and a visible VIN plate on the top of the dashboard so the number can be seen from outside the car. The FM radio can only tune odd frequencies (it can't tune to 102.2, only 102.1, 102.3 and so on). There is no rear fog lamp. All this should make a US car stick out easily.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ok thanks well it does has the MPH speedo, adjustable suspension on 16' single piston rares but the VIN plate is not visable on the dash. Its under the hood. And has rear fog lamps... Maybe its a NZ thing... Mine is NZ new. 2nd owner. Still finding out things, like recently found out that he has a clutch switch. My best bet is to take it and and see i guess

I Support ClubWRX
    is it while the motor is running? It could be a bearing in the alternator, PS pump or AC Compressor. It would help to know if its rotational or ?? Can you post a video?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Its when your actually driving you can hear it wynd up as im moving up gears and stay at a constant wynd until i release my foot from the excelerate and or start dropping down gears as i slow down... I maybe able to post a vid. I will take 1 next time i take it out

I Support ClubWRX
    Could be the turbo on the way out.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yea i was thinking the same. Its either my turbo or my main bearing... Im definitely hoping its my turbo though. It will be a big job if its my main bearing... Will have to drop the entire motor and maybe do a complete rebuild (''_ )

Maybe an exhaust leak. Does it sound louder as you go into boost?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

its just the same winding noise... No louder than what it starts off with. Ive eliminated the main bearing as there is no knocking and everything seems in order with the motor and when it idles with slight revs... I put it down to either my turbo or at a far off guess mayb and i do say maybe a CV??

LOST

You know... I believe i hear the same winding noise on mine. Mainly on 5th gear when pushing in the gas, not hard at all, normal driving. It almost sounds like a supercharger... I have a 12 USDM.

lol well i may not know subies very well YET, but i think we will both agree that even though it does sound kindv nice its still not a sound you want to be hearing. I know its no set up or tuned for that sound... There for, there is a problem that will need to be fixed otherwise it Will cause more and probably more expensive problems.
    Missing my boy though. Sucks to see him every time i leave or come home from work and know i cant drive him. I can if i wanted to. I mean he still drives well and goes hard when pushed but cant risk doing more damage. Hoping he will be back on the road by this weekend

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.