I found an open plug. Can anyone help me locate the receptacle?

This is a discussion on I found an open plug. Can anyone help me locate the receptacle? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have had a CEL for a few weeks now, planning on a trip to the dealer soon. I was ...

I found an open plug. Can anyone help me locate the receptacle?

I have had a CEL for a few weeks now, planning on a trip to the dealer soon. I was searching around the engine for loose hoses or anything that seemed out of place and I found this (the white plug in the center of the photo). Does anyone know what it plugs in to, and or if its my CEL?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0445.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	108646
    06 TR, COBB AP2,,COBB DP, K&N sr, G200 CB
    Subaru factory short throw, Auto dimm Rear view, Factory fog lamp kit (self installed)
    AM cobalt gauges: WB fuel, oil press (elec), boost (mech,30hg-20+)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Why don't you post the DTC code? Probably goes to the coolant temp sensor.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Why don't you post the DTC code? Probably goes to the coolant temp sensor.
    Ill post the exact code soon, but its the one that says your fuel cap is loose and evap system is funky.
    Subaru factory short throw, Auto dimm Rear view, Factory fog lamp kit (self installed)

I Support ClubWRX
    You need help finding the receptacle? Sounds like a personal problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz
    Ill post the exact code soon, but its the one that says your fuel cap is loose and evap system is funky.
    If the gas cap is fine, look at the evap canister. They've been known to go bad. I believe the part is ~$80 at your dealership. Spiders have been known to make nests in the lines, so you can use compressed air to blow them out, too.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Ok, Maybe I can fix it myself if further investigation leads me to conclude that its the problem. I was looking at the evap canister last night (if im thinking the right part, its by the relay box). I removed the four or five clips, but couldnt get the damn thing to open up. How do I open it? Or should I just remove it completely and look at it?

[QUOTE=EJ257;2942706]You need help finding the receptacle? Sounds like a personal problem...[QUOTE]

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Ok, Maybe I can fix it myself if further investigation leads me to conclude that its the problem. I was looking at the evap canister last night (if im thinking the right part, its by the relay box). I removed the four or five clips, but couldnt get the damn thing to open up. How do I open it? Or should I just remove it completely and look at it?
    Noooo..the evap canister is down on the passenger back side of the car under the right side of the bumper if you're looking at it from the back of the car. Square box, near the tow hook.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yup - right there in the most awkward possible place for changing your sway bar.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Noooo..the evap canister is down on the passenger back side of the car under the right side of the bumper if you're looking at it from the back of the car. Square box, near the tow hook.
    Ok, I know exactly what your talking about. I might just order a new one, somehow the large hose came disconnected about a year ago and I simply reconnected it. Some dirt or something must have gotten in the system and fouled things up.

Ouch, everyplace I look, that canister is around 350 dollars. Maybe ill just deal with the CEL for a while.