Clutch creaking noise
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clutch creaking noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Lately I've been having some problems in the bracket area. Found the problem that was causing a "popping" noise after ...

Clutch creaking noise

Lately I've been having some problems in the bracket area. Found the problem that was causing a "popping" noise after depressing the clutch pedal to the floor then releasing about an inch. Just needed some white lithium.
    Now after i brought my girlriend to work this morning it sounds like an old wooden door "creaking" coming from under the hood somewhere, and not the braket area anymore. Can't pinpoint exactly where but if anyone here has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. My guess is it's the master cylinder or slave cylinder.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

take off the lower dash panel and shoot all the brackets down with silicone lube. I had to do this recently. There's just enough flex in the brackets that they rub when depressing the clutch. Its only slight but makes a load of noise once they get some age on them. It was driving me crazy. So far no more creaking after the silicone..

What year is your car?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

That's actually what I just did. The first noise was coming from the bracket moving up and down on a bolt just above the gas pedal area. This time I just soaked everything i could reach with the white lithium and so far it's gone.
    I have a 09. Bought it used from the dealer I work at. You can tell the last owners beat the hell out of the car just by the way the shift forks feel when shifting. Plus they put an aftermarket clutch in I'm sure. It has a pretty heavy pressure plate, compared to a co worker's bugeye. I figure a heavier pressure plate is adding more wear on the bracket as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.