p0500 code

This is a discussion on p0500 code within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got a p0500 code. The check engine light is on, abs, and all those goodies. Now i believe ...

p0500 code

I just got a p0500 code. The check engine light is on, abs, and all those goodies.
    Now i believe this way be from rain/ water. It is pouring and i had to go through some water on the road. Not high water, just a good amount covering the road. Does this sound like its going to dry off and go away? I have read some stories about it on and the next day its fine. Someone also posted that it came on when they washed their car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Why don't you try resetting the ECU. Who knows if it will go away. Could be because of the water or could be cause of an actual problem with the speed sensor.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Why don't you try resetting the ECU. Who knows if it will go away. Could be because of the water or could be cause of an actual problem with the speed sensor.
    I did with my ap and it just stays there. Another thing I remembered was I did loose traction for a sec due to the water. If someone knows where this sensor is located I will try cleaning it. 08 wrx

It's also in limp mode I believe. And the idle is low/ rough

Anyone?? Could a wheel bearing cause this to throw a code?

I Support ClubWRX
    The speed sensor is in the transmission.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

No... Well there may be one there also but there is one on the front wheels as well. It's on the opposite side of the caliper. And it goes inside the wheel bearing. I believe it may be the wheel bearing because I fixed a axle seal and had the axle out. Maybe it got dirt inside the bearing or something.

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you talking about the ABS wheel sensor? Clean it and see.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I did clean it. Nothing has changed. I also started to hear a weird noise. It's hard to describe but sounds like something is rubbing or a slight grind