Warm engine No Start?

This is a discussion on Warm engine No Start? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone, i have posted once here and once on nasioc for this same issue. has yet to be fixed ...

Red face Warm engine No Start?

Hello everyone, i have posted once here and once on nasioc for this same issue. has yet to be fixed and its been 2 months. so here it goes

I own a 2002 WRX. for mods i have sti pink injectors, perrin fuel rail, td05 16g turbo

When the car is driven to warm up at short or long distances it wont start, cranks but wont start. so far the quickest way to get it to start is to open the hood and let it cool off for 15 minutes and then it starts. Air fuel ratio reads 14.8/ 15. during warm up the air fuel flashes from 13.1 to 17.1 until it reaches engine temp. sometimes air fuel will rich out to 13.1 while driving but after throttle comes back to.

i have tested the battery "brand new interstate. 550cc" alternator "new" and starter. all of them tested fine. i checked all the vacuum lines that were visible on the intake manifold and there all tight fitting.

crank and cam sensors cleaned off and working fine, havnt checked the coolant temp sensor yet but it operates fine according to the cluster gauge.

i have been reading every single post i can find on starting issues for ideas, so i tried listening for the fuel pump priming when it doesnt start. the pump primes strong.

ideas i had but wasnt sure to fallow up on, the metal fuel line that is infront of the top mount intercoller has a return coolant line on the turbo side touching it. on shut off could the heat from that heated coolant be vaporizing the sitting fuel in that line? my next idea was could it be vapor locking somehow?

any help would be welcome id love to have this fixed, im tired of being stranded when i stop haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just went out to lunch with it, sat for 20 minutes and started. the idle was erratic. by erratic i meen normal idle to lower and back up. bogging up and down. donno if it helps

Still no luck, looking for a list of non monitored systems in the car as a start for diagnosis because the car isnt throwing any codes.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What wideband O2 sensor are you using to monitor the AFRs, and where is it installed?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

AEM uego digital installed in the down pipe

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    As suggested on the chat:

1.) Clean your MAF
    2.) Clean/Check your IAC valve
    3.) Get a compression test done on all four cylinders

I suggest 3 since you mentioned oil consumption and loss of power. Hard starts are a common symptom of low cylinder compression.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I will do just that, the maf i had already cleaned. the IAC i am going to need the gasket because i read that the make a gaskest doesnt hold up well. the compression test im not looking forward to