rear hatch won't unlock
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on rear hatch won't unlock within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 06 wagon. Rear hatch will not open when i use the keyless entry or the door unlock button. I can ...

rear hatch won't unlock

06 wagon. Rear hatch will not open when i use the keyless entry or the door unlock button. I can hear the mechanism working but when I pull the handle I can't get in. It was working on and off for a while, then working fine for a long while, and now it is fully FUBAR. FUBARU. ANy thoughts? Could it be the handle or the mechanism or both? ANy troubleshooting ideas? This is the first car I have ever had with power locks (i know i know...) so I am not versed in the electrical lock mechanism but im sure I can figure it out but I would like to figure out where to start looking. To complicate things I am moving a bunch of stuff tmrw and not having the hatch working is a real inconvenience. Thanks to all.

PS - just moved to CO and everyone here has burus!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Check your owners manual, page 9-15. Shows you how to manually unlock the rear hatch so you can open it with the outside handle. This should at least get you started in that it will allow you to actually look at the locking mechanism.

In the event that you cannot unlock the rear gate by operating the power door locking switches or the remote keyless entry system, you can unlock it from inside the cargo area.

1. Remove the access cover at the bottom-center of the rear gate trim.
    2. Locate the rear gate lock release lever behind the rear gate trim panel.
    3. Unlock the rear gate by pressing the lever inside the trim to the left.
    4. Open the rear gate from outside by raising the rear gate handle.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.