MISFIRE ON ALL CYLINDERS AND EGR TEMPSENSOR HIGH CODE ...Your thoughts please... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on MISFIRE ON ALL CYLINDERS AND EGR TEMPSENSOR HIGH CODE ...Your thoughts please... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So the cel came back this morning. Still didn't feel any different. Was waiting to get on the highway then ...

So the cel came back this morning. Still didn't feel any different. Was waiting to get on the highway then it came on as I started up the ramp. The highway boost or fuel cut has stopped happening.

The codes are
    Misfire Cyl 1
    Misfire Cyl 2
    EGR(i KNOW WE DONT HAVE ONE BUT ITS WHAT THE CODE READER SAID) Temp Sensor High

Still no feeling of a misfire at any point other than right after starting it in the morning (A well known E85 issue i thought), and when the turbo timer ends and it turns off it seems it shakes a little more than i'd like(Not sure thats a misfire though).
    Last edited by SRivers33; 10-01-2012 at 01:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just a thought...if the EGT sensor is going couldnt that cause misfires in such a highly modded WRX? If no then oh well, but if yes then why not just cut it out and see if the codes return?

You replaced the UP right? Assuming you placed a resistor into the sensor wiring as well?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Previous owner replaced it. Not sure if he put in a resistor or not. If he didnt then...?and if he did then it shouldnt be throwing any codes i would think....
    I can find out.
    Last edited by SRivers33; 10-01-2012 at 12:17 PM.

He did not put the resistor in. I'm heading to radio shack now to throw it in there.

EDIT: Done and Done. We'll see what happens now.

UPDATE: Drove from Colo Springs to Denver and back tonight. Killed $35 in E85 in the process but no codes thrown. thats 160+ Miles of driving. Keeping my fingers crossed that its solved. I'll keep you all posted.

Update 2: Oct 6th: Still no code. Seems the EGT was the problem. Thanks for all the help
    Last edited by SRivers33; 10-06-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SRivers33 View Post
    He did not put the resistor in. I'm heading to radio shack now to throw it in there.

EDIT: Done and Done. We'll see what happens now.

UPDATE: Drove from Colo Springs to Denver and back tonight. Killed $35 in E85 in the process but no codes thrown. thats 160+ Miles of driving. Keeping my fingers crossed that its solved. I'll keep you all posted.

Update 2: Oct 6th: Still no code. Seems the EGT was the problem. Thanks for all the help
    Boy was i wrong. 500+ miles later it threw the code (misfire cyl 2) again. Deleted it, back again now at 150+ miles later. Seems like now it's only doing when low on fuel....

Fuel starvation maybe?

Previous owner things the fuel system may be clogging up since e85 can leave a sticky residue.

Thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12