06wrx not starting when hot

This is a discussion on 06wrx not starting when hot within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 06 wrx will not start when the engine is hot. On a cold start its no problems, only after ...

06wrx not starting when hot

My 06 wrx will not start when the engine is hot. On a cold start its no problems, only after driven for a while it will not start back up again unless it gets cooled down for a while. Anyone have this problem? Or any info would be very appreciated.
    A month ago my engine was misfiring so I replaced my fuel pump and it seemed to solve that problem, but then a week later it started this problem. So far I've replaced my crank angle sensor, fuel control module, and fuel relay.
    Also does anyone know about the system re-learn?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It kind of sounds like heat soak - vapor lock. I.e. gas vaporizing in the lines. It shouldn't be a problem if the fuel system is pressurizing correctly though. If you got winter gas and it is still hot there that would increase the potential.

I'd go to a shop that has a gauge or get one and check the fuel pressure given there was issues with the fuel system that lead to these issues.

My engine is hard to start when it's hot. How come? — Yahoo! Autos
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you ever changed the fuel filter? How many miles?

Does it crank over and just not catch? Or not even crank?

My 06 wrx did this weird thing for a while where the clutch microswitch would "stick" and require the pedal to be pumped 5-6 times before it would crank. It would happen after I had driven to work and parked it for the day. Eventually it fixed itself.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

thanks for the info. yes i just changed the fuel pump about 2 months ago to fix some misfire codes (the fuel filter is in the tank with the fuel pump). It does crank, but if I turn the key to "on" I can hear the fuel pump trying to pressurize the lines but it sounds like its having a real hard time because it is really loud.
    thanks for the info, I will get a pressure checker and see how it goes tomorrow.

Well I took it to the Subaru dealer ship nearby, they tested it all day long and could not figure it out.... they say the fuel pressure is normal, and everything electronically is working...
    side note is there anywhere on this site to sell used parts?