TPMS and turn indicators/blinkers - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on TPMS and turn indicators/blinkers within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 I'll buy you a beer to go with your cheesesteak. Thank you sir. I do need ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'll buy you a beer to go with your cheesesteak.
    Thank you sir. I do need to drown my sorrows...

As I recall, Delassandro's does have some micros available in their cooler.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Car goes back in today. Haven't had any lights since last Wednesday/Thursday. I hope that doesn't mean that they won't be able to do anything if they can't replicate the issue. Time will tell. If they can't, however, then once I have the car back, the winter wheels/tires go on, and we'll see if the turn signals continue to malfunction if the TPMS light is on from that.
    - Will

Just an FYI, I installed my winter wheels/tires this weekend, the TPMS light came on after about 30 miles of driving (it flashes for a bit, then stays illuminated).

My blinkers and all the rest of my electronics work perfectly fine. Let us know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    Just an FYI, I installed my winter wheels/tires this weekend, the TPMS light came on after about 30 miles of driving (it flashes for a bit, then stays illuminated).

My blinkers and all the rest of my electronics work perfectly fine. Let us know what happens.
    Will do. In the meantime, I'm a family man...

If the car keeps acting up, maybe eventually they'll give me that BRZ loaner, after I've exhausted all the other options in the lineup. I keep asking.
    - Will

Re: TPMS and turn indicators/blinkers

Dude, you gotta admit. The Fozzy is pretty sweet. I got a black Fozzy too, they just need to bring a manual back to the XT model.

Posted from a fone.

Well, dealership had the car all week last week. I called on Friday and was told that they were not able to get the car to act up. I said I would pick the car up. If all they're going to be able to do is keep getting some seat time every day to see if the problem happens again, well, I might as well be the one who is putting in the seat time. Makes no sense to tie up their employees and loaner car.

So at this point, if it happens again, I'll just be bringing it immediately in. Winter wheels will be going on soon, so we'll see if the turn signal issue occurs when the light is on correctly.

I did speak to a guy there when I picked up the car who said he thinks it is some sort of power supply issue, another bad relay or something. All I know is that there is a gremlin somewhere in my car.
    - Will

Ok, so in the weeks since the last post:

Up until December 30th, I only saw the light come on twice. Both times it was very brief, long enough to test the blinker and confirm they weren't working but no more than about 5-10 seconds. Obviously not consistent enough to take the car back in. I put the winter wheels on at one point, which gave me a constant TPMS light (due to lack of sensors) but the blinkers worked fine.

On the 30th, though, I drove to Maine. About an hour and a half or so into the trip, my cruise control cut out suddenly. Sure enough, the blinkers weren't working either. It lasted longer, maybe 30 seconds or so, and then there was that old familiar sound behind the dash. Then the blinkers and cruise control were functioning again. I think it happened maybe 1-2 more times on the trip up.

The car mostly sat while in Maine. The return trip saw more of the same, but with greater frequency. All told, it probably happened about 8 times, give or take.

Happened again this morning on my way to work. If it happens on the way home, and maybe even if it doesn't, I will be satisfied that the frequency of occurrence is now high enough to take it to the dealership again.

Gods, I almost hope someone else in this world will have this issue, so that this novel I've written may someday be useful. That is, assuming there is some sort of resolution. Actually, I don't wish this on anyone else ever and retract that statement
    - Will

Lemon law that mf.
    2012 DGM WRX Base

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarl View Post
    Lemon law that mf.
    Unfortunately, it is too late.
    - Will

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    How is it too late? Isn't it still under warranty?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the lemon law is only in effect for one year from purchase of the vehicle Pennsylvania Lemon Law Statutes
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I'm still within a year, but well over the 12000 miles mark now, and was just over the first time I took it in for service regarding this problem.
    - Will

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Awwww. That sucks. Tell SoA about it!
    2012 DGM WRX Base

usually when the tpms is blinking, doesnt that mean a sensor isnt communicating? I figure if that's how it is w/ toyotas then it could be with subie if they work the same.

I work for a Chrysler dealership and we run into these electrical problems all the time. I don't consider myself an electrical guru of any sort but I can tell you most shops will have that one guy that is so you might want to try a different shop to find that "electrical guy".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast