High Beam aiming question

This is a discussion on High Beam aiming question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Shortly after purchasing my 12 WRX, I disabled the DRL's. I've decided to re-enable them for winter. I noticed though ...

High Beam aiming question

Shortly after purchasing my 12 WRX, I disabled the DRL's. I've decided to re-enable them for winter. I noticed though when i pulled into my parking spot at work, the passenger side highbeam is aimed quite high, while the driver's side is lower significantly. Now my low beams are aimed correctly and were verified by the dealer to be in spec at roughly 30ft.

Can the high beams be adjusted independantly from the low beams? From my understanding, the only adjustment for the non HID headlights is the 8mm nut on the back of the headlight to adjust beam height and that it adjusts both the low and high beams.

Another question is, did subaru design the passenger high beam to be higher than the driver's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Headlight adjustment nut adjusts the entire light assembly, thus both low- and high-beams at the same time. They cannot be adjusted independently. Passenger side headlights are always a little higher, as to light up objects on the side of the road while not blinding oncoming drivers. This is by adjustment, not by Subaru design.