New head gasket ran great for two day now have misfire

This is a discussion on New head gasket ran great for two day now have misfire within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so thank you in advance. I have a 2003 wagon. Just had the head gasket replaced. Ran better then ...

New head gasket ran great for two day now have misfire

Ok so thank you in advance. I have a 2003 wagon. Just had the head gasket replaced. Ran better then ever for 2 days now I have a cel for missfire cylinder 1 an my exhaust smells like straight gas with white smoke....I put new pugs in before I took it in to get a head gasket cause it was throwing the same code. Is is cylinder 1 coil pack would that make it run to rich an smell like gas but why white smoke? Cars still idles an runs great just a very minor miss. I cleaned my maf. Do I need to do a hard reset? Any help please

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I have that's why I cleaned my maf. The smoke an smell I haven't been able to find out if that's normal for a bad coil pack or should I look else ware injectors an such.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    May have a botched head gasket install there. White smoke is often an indicator that coolant is getting into the combustion chamber. Check your fluid levels and see if coolant is dropping. If so, suspect the head gasket is bad again, likely due to poor installation.

If a coil is bad and the cylinder is not firing, the gas will just move out with the unspent air into the exhaust system, so that could easily be a culprit as well. Move that coil to another cylinder and see if the misfire code follows it, if so the coil is bad.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I did an it followed the cylinder my car runs great an the coolant is fine ill get a coil pack tomorrow an see what happens thanks for the help. It's like the smallest miss in the world an smoke is very minimum thanks guys